family base issue
Hollieaustine
Enthusiast - Level 2

my husband just got family base to restrict our son on data. somehow he is seeing all of the texts that I am getting and sending out! he is blocking people that I am texting that he doesn't have in his contacts and he is putting certain numbers on his watch list. I thought family base was to restrict children? i feel that giving him accesss to do these thgs to my phone is violating my privacy. am i wrong? what can i do so he has no access to restricting my contacts

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: family base issue
Snn5
Legend

In this case, you'll need to speak with him directly regarding the account changes.  If, at one time, you both were in charge, or had access to the account settings, but then he changed that access so that you are unable to access options, you'll need to refer to him to rectify the control options.  While account owners and managers can make changes, if you don't have access, you can't make those changes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Are you saying the son or husband has taken over your phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Family base is an awesome service. I understand the interest.  The items you mentioned are accessed using the My Verizon login for their number.  If your son's account i set up with account owner or account manager clearance they will be able to do that.  You would need to re-register the line to lower the access level of their My Verizon account.
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Unless the Husband is responsible for the changes and is the one making the alterations and not the son.

0 Likes
Hollieaustine
Enthusiast - Level 2

my husband. it was my idea to get family base to restric our son on thgs. the password was changed by my husband and now I have no access to make changes on account. I feel this should not be allowed. I'm almost thinking he marked me as a child so he can go thru my phone history ?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

In this case, you'll need to speak with him directly regarding the account changes.  If, at one time, you both were in charge, or had access to the account settings, but then he changed that access so that you are unable to access options, you'll need to refer to him to rectify the control options.  While account owners and managers can make changes, if you don't have access, you can't make those changes.

0 Likes
Hollieaustine
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank u ! I think I'm the account owner but not the manager. do I need to go to actual Verizon store to get the access he has on my line changed? yes I think its great service to but I am an adult lol no one needs to be watching my texts n numbers I call

0 Likes
Hollieaustine
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank u ! I believe I am account owner. all mail comes in my name and bill is in my name. ive asked him to get off my line but as soon as I text an unknown number to him hes questioning who I just texted. hes just a lil crazy

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Call Verizon.  If you are the account owner, this should be easy and fast to fix and reset.

Hollieaustine
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank u !! hope so ugh