family safeguards data cap but still have overage
myguard

I have had a data cap set through family safeguards (and the previous version) on a child's line for several years. However, it still frequently allows her to use slightly more than whatever I have the cap set at, and has caused us to have an overage many times. Does anyone know why this happens?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: family safeguards data cap but still have overage
Not applicable

Because data is not updated in real time. It can take up to 6 hours to register. if the phone is android you can set the data limit via the phone then it will shut off data right at that moment. Now yes the child could turn that off and start using data but then as a parent you need to punish the child if they do that. Set the data limit on both the device( if Android ) and family safeguards to about 100 MB below what the actual limit is you want.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Overages are not fun to see, myguard. The Safeguards are set in place to help avoid overages and a high bill. Let’s take a closer look into this and make sure the feature is working properly. Have you tried removing the restriction and setting it up again? After setting up the restriction make sure to power the phone off and back on. How much data over does it allow the user to use?

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ELISHO76

I have the same issue this month. My daughter went over her limit by 0.004. And. Now I have to pay 15 dollars in overage when I pay for the family safeguard to avoid this. Its a rip off if you ask me!

0 Likes