history, email, and messaging
riversmallies

How can I see the browsing history, email accounts used, and messaging accounts used on my daughter's phone if I don't have access to the phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: history, email, and messaging
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

You can't.

What you can see is the amount of data usage, and the phone number/date/time of each text message sent or recieved on her phone.

If you want to see the contents of the messages and browsing history, you're going to have to get the phone or install some kind of third party monitoring app that will give you access to that information.

0 Likes
butter

shame on verizon for not making this available.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

butter wrote:

shame on Verizon for not making this available.

Some community colleges offer parenting classes

here you will learn that if you are the parent you make the rules

tell your daughter to give you her phone, and look at what shes been doing

also look in the market for 3rd party apps to do what you want.

Verizon does not have the responsibility to baby sit your child

0 Likes
butter

didt say they did - but the service should be avaiable to the P's. obviously you dont have kids.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

butter wrote:

didt say they did - but the service should be avaiable to the P's. obviously you dont have kids.

I do, though, and I agree with what has been said. Ask to see the phone if you want to know. If texts have been deleted before you look, you do not have to return the phone. You can match what is on the phone with information such as time/number that is available on My Verizon if you must.

For emails, Facebook, Twitter, etc..., though, you will be out of luck. That will only be part of the data, and Verizon only tracks amount of data, not what it has been used for(email, surfing, app updating, etc...)

If your child wants to hide something from you, you are not going to be able to stop it, unless you are ready to stay with them 24/7. Take away the phone, they can still email, IM, Facebook, Twitter from another location which you are not necessarily the account owner, such as a library, coffee shop, etc...

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to also agree that the service is available, just from third party apps, which can copy multiple users when emails, etc... are sent from a phone. Keep in mind, though, that the person in posession of the phone can probably just as easily delete these apps from the phone.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

no i dont

and i guess im forgetting that parents dont have time to be parents anymore

honestly do children need smartphones? i said NEED, not want.

take the initiative, set some rules.

read thier facebook, twitter, ect.

do you track thier computer usage?

look into 3rd party apps that do what you want.

if you really want to do something you will find a way.

0 Likes
butter

is this a parenting forum? funny how everyone has parenting advice on the obvious. just give us the service!

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

butter wrote:

is this a parenting forum? funny how everyone has parenting advice on the obvious. just give us the service!

not a parenting forum, but your asking for a parenting service

we are just providing options :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

butter wrote:

As has been stated before, to some extent, the service is available from third party apps, if you choose to use them.

I am sure that Verizon has no intentions of ever offering this capability, as there are a myriad of privacy issues which would be involved.

0 Likes