how can I freeze my daughter's web usage?
davendiana1

how can I freeze my daughter's web usage?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how can I freeze my daughter's web usage?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

WWhy are you looking to turn it off? Too much gb usage or just to monitor? You can take away the phone if she doesn't listen, suspend the line, or add family base which is 5 bucks a month and you can restrict the usage.

View solution in original post

Momma23dogs
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can turn off data on her line, which will automatically turn back on at the beginning of a new billing period.

it will not prevent use on wifi.

0 Likes
davendiana1

Thanks for the response mama23.  Apologies for asking, but how do I turn the data on her line?  Thank you!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

WWhy are you looking to turn it off? Too much gb usage or just to monitor? You can take away the phone if she doesn't listen, suspend the line, or add family base which is 5 bucks a month and you can restrict the usage.

Momma23dogs
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can turn off data on a line on your account online or your my Verizon app.

I See no point in paying for a subscription to do this, others like to set and forget a data limit and are willing to pay for it.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

mama23dogs wrote:

You can turn off data on a line on your account online or your my Verizon app.

I See no point in paying for a subscription to do this, others like to set and forget a data limit and are willing to pay for it.

Can you be a bit more specific on how to do this thru your online account without having FamilyBase? I wasn't aware there was a free method for doing so. I know you can turn it off from the device simply by turning off mobile data, but that does not prevent the person with the phone from turning it right back on. I have looked thru my online account as the account owner and cannot find how you would be able to do so on an account level.

ralph1017
Contributor - Level 1

I myself would like to know too. I pay $4.99 a month for Familybase for its usage limit and other features. But if there is a way to stop the data without paying for a subscription fee then what's the point of familybase.

0 Likes