how do i block a phone number from texting & calling me?
Parker681

Need to block a phone number from texting & calling me? I have the LG G3 cellphone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i block a phone number from texting & calling me?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad that you asked Parke6681! We have a free blocking service that last for 90 days for you. Here's a link so you can check it out, http://vz.to/1ksl4bX

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad that you asked Parke6681! We have a free blocking service that last for 90 days for you. Here's a link so you can check it out, http://vz.to/1ksl4bX

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
frog3364
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHY OH WHY should we have to use that service when the G3 initially came with the specific blocking feature that Parker6681 is asking for?  It appears that Verizon removed that aspect of the Android OS so as to force customers to subscribe to Family Base on a per month charge. Why has Verizon Done this?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

frog3364 wrote:

WHY OH WHY should we have to use that service when the G3 initially came with the specific blocking feature that Parker6681 is asking for?  It appears that Verizon removed that aspect of the Android OS so as to force customers to subscribe to Family Base on a per month charge. Why has Verizon Done this?

You don't have to "subscribe to Family Base on a per month charge." If you read the reply from the Verizon rep, they said it is a "free blocking service". There is no "per month charge."

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

And, you can always use an Android app for that in the Play Store for free.

0 Likes
frog3364
Enthusiast - Level 2

rcschnoor,

If you want to do a permanent block (without an app or creating a spam list that you have to update every time a new unwanted number calls your phone) you have to use Family Base which costs $5/month and then you can only block up to 20 numbers I believe.  The free service is only for 5 numbers max and must be redone EVERY 90 DAYS to keep the number blocked.  Obviously Verizon has removed the feature from the OS from their phones so that they can make money when I bet they are the ones sharing phone numbers so we receive spam calls in the first place.  I'm just saying I should not have to pay for something that should be part of the phone (was one of the reasons I upgraded to G3).  and to Snn5 lots of apps are free but at what price (spyware included free of charge)  just because the apps developers say there is no spyware doesn't necessarily mean its true.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It as Google that took it out of the KitKat update for me on my LG G2. 

0 Likes