iPhone 4S parental controls
wscott

Looking to change wireless providers and buy myself and 2 kids the iphone 4s.

Please correct me if I am wrong but here is how I believe the parental controls will work.

1) Usage Controls

Verizon network - Content, usage allowances, time restriction, block/trusted numbers all work

Wireless network - Content, usage allowances, time restriction, block/trusted numbers do not work

2) Family Locator

Verizon network - Does not work

Wireless network - Does not work

3) Content Filters

Verizon network - works

Wireless network - does not work

Again, this is for the iphone 4S.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4S parental controls
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi wscott! Thanks for bringing your questions regarding iPhone compatibility with VZW content and access filters. I can answer all of your questions! Yes, I can confirm your understanding of how Usage Controls, Family Locater and Content Filers work. Since these are features that you're interested in, you should also know that where our features may not be compatible (Family Locater - Locatee), there are many applications that can take their place. For more information on apps available for the iPhone, please go to http://www.apple.com/iphone/from-the-app-store/ . Thanks again! I hope you and your family enjoy your new service!!

0 Likes
BradA

SO....Do all uasage controls work with the Iphone 4s or not...want to make sure phone cannot be used(for anything, data text, phone, etc...) during school hours. And I checked Apples site but could not find an app to do this if I cannot do this through Verizon.

0 Likes
silvercharm

I cannot figure out how to post my question!!  

We have parental controls on my daughters I phone.  I want her to only be able to speak with the trusted numbers.  We set the time restrictions from 12 am to 12 am.  BUT none of the trusted numbers work!  Nothing works.

PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes
twoneatboys

I have the same questions, regarding iPhone 4.  I paid for Usage Controls and set Time Restrictions, but quickly found out that son is using ALL of the iPhone fuctions during the supposedly "restricted" time period.  Is it or is it not possible to do TIME RESTRICTIONS on iPhone 4?

0 Likes
twoneatboys

Hello, I do not believe that the VZW response, at least with respect to iPhone 4.  In particular,

TIME RESTRICTION does not seem to work, although Verizon had no problem charging me $4.99 for Usage Control.  If Usage Control doesn't work for iPhone 4, why was it allowed to be added to my bill?

0 Likes
mudball5

I have usage controls on my daughters IPHONE 4, and I am noticing that the restrictions are working. I just looked at her usage on calls/messages and data--nothing at all during the hours I set.  Now, I'm wondering if I have a wifi setup in the home, will this function still work at 3am using wifi?  Since its not going through the data, I'm thinking it will continue to work. Has anyone tested this?

Teens are so creative!

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello twoneatboys,

I am sure it can be irritating to pay for a service that is not working. I would like to assist you further with Usage Controls as it is compatible with the iPhone 4. Do other restrictions work? Have you tried to delete the time restriction settings and set again?

If this all has been done, send me a private message with your mobile number and a contact number where you can be reached. I will contact you to assist you further.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Lena A.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Fafa

When the kids are using wifi anywhere, the Usage Controls are completely worthless. Using wifi does not access data from the phone plan so the kids can do whatever they want, when connected to wifi. Verizon suggested I buy a non smart phone to give to my kid when I don't want that happening. Defeats the purpose of paying $4.99/month when you can't control squat.

0 Likes