just kids-verification texts - thread 2
gerwece
Enthusiast - Level 1

We opened a Just Kids account with Verizon and I simultaneously moved my phone account over to Verizon. I agree with previous threads on this topic that we are paying for a smart phone for our daughter and we would have been better off with a flip phone. Our teen needs to be able to receive confirmation codes to join student council discussions via her phone and cannot join because she can't receive the confirmation code because it's not coming from one of her "20" numbers. This is a MAJOR limitation of the plan. If Verizon cannot come up with a fix to this plan, they should substantially reduce the cost because it cripples the ability to use the phone for its intended use for actual school and extracurricular-related activities. Have you come up with a fix for this yet, VERIZON?! The only useful solution I found was a lengthy workaround from another customer. 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: just kids-verification texts - thread 2
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

It's such a restricted plan that's not worth the pittance of a savings compared to Start Unlimited.

If the kid already has a smart phone, teach them how to stay safe. That it's a privilege that can be taken away if abused. When I was a kid many years ago, restrictions on content didn't really mean anything since I could access things at a friends house. Either try to be more trusting or give them a flip phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

It's such a restricted plan that's not worth the pittance of a savings compared to Start Unlimited.

If the kid already has a smart phone, teach them how to stay safe. That it's a privilege that can be taken away if abused. When I was a kid many years ago, restrictions on content didn't really mean anything since I could access things at a friends house. Either try to be more trusting or give them a flip phone.

0 Likes
mariusg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone have a solution to this issue yet?  Verizon had more than enough time (considering the date of the first thread) to solve this issue. 

0 Likes