Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
mobile data blocking
dontlikespam

I should be able to block mobile data without a app.  Verizon why do you not allow that?  Is it the $$$$$$$$$ you lose out on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: mobile data blocking
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concern dontlikespam. There are other ways to turn off internet. What is the make/model of the device you are trying to stop data on? 

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dontlikespam

I have a kid that I am tired of hearing "i forgot to turn it off"  I have disabled his phone many times and that does not work since his mom and i do not get along so keeping his phone on keeps her quiet.  I tried family base but that is useless and putting an app on his phone yeah that wont work.  Is there not a way on the vzw home page somewhere here to block /limit data? When I have a kid that refuses to stop being selfish and have a ex that will not let me turn the phone off Im stuck.  Having a radio button or slider that we can say how much data is allowed during billing cycle would be ideal.  Of the 8gb plan it would be nice to designate he could only get 2gb of the data instead of killing all the data on us in less than a week.

v/r

0 Likes
dontlikespam

also forgot to mention he has the Samsung JV3

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're confusion is understandable, dontlikespam. Please allow us to clarify, the application itself is not necessary for the Data restriction feature. Are you aware of how to adjust these features from the Application on your device or through the website? We're happy to give you a walk through. 

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes