older child won't answer phone
JERROB21

We are constantly trying to reach out son and he never answers.  I want to find out where he is or turn his phone off.  How can I do either?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: older child won't answer phone
rcschnoor
Legend

Is your son old enough to have his own line? Does he pay for his own line? Are you the account owner?

If you are the account owner, you can call in and cancel the line. If the line is under contract, you would be assessed an ETF. If you are making phone payments for a purchased phone on that line, the remaining balance would become due.

You can also call to have the line suspended. I am unsure, but I believe there is a monthly charge for a suspended line now, possibly $10/month.

There are apps such as Life360 which can track a phone if it is installed on the device. I have this app on all lines on my account. My children are aware that if the app is deleted, their line will be deleted, too. As long as they want me to pay the bill, they play by my rules. Of course, they can also see where I am by looking in the app, too. If you are the account owner and pay for his line, you could have him install that app on the device as a condition if you are going to pay for the line. Of course, he could delete the app from his device at any time and you would then have to terminate the line to show your resolve.

The ball is in your court.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is his line still on your account?

Have you mentally gone over your last conversation with him while trying to put yourself in his shoes to understand why he might not be answering his phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Is your son old enough to have his own line? Does he pay for his own line? Are you the account owner?

If you are the account owner, you can call in and cancel the line. If the line is under contract, you would be assessed an ETF. If you are making phone payments for a purchased phone on that line, the remaining balance would become due.

You can also call to have the line suspended. I am unsure, but I believe there is a monthly charge for a suspended line now, possibly $10/month.

There are apps such as Life360 which can track a phone if it is installed on the device. I have this app on all lines on my account. My children are aware that if the app is deleted, their line will be deleted, too. As long as they want me to pay the bill, they play by my rules. Of course, they can also see where I am by looking in the app, too. If you are the account owner and pay for his line, you could have him install that app on the device as a condition if you are going to pay for the line. Of course, he could delete the app from his device at any time and you would then have to terminate the line to show your resolve.

The ball is in your court.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JERROB21, we understand the importance of keeping track of your family. There are several options to help with this process. We offer two great services that will address your concerns. Family Locator is a great way to find your son. https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/family-locator/ We also have Family Base, to place the controls and limits that you need. https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/family-base/ Does this help?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes