Re: pausing internet not working
kmsupinski

I am having this issues, as well, with my son's iPhone 6s. I had it working, then deleted and reloaded the companion app on his phone to get it working again. It was worked again for one day, but then stopped working. This is very frustrating. The technical assistance provided in this thread is of no use.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with Smart Family, kmsupinski. We definitely want to ensure that you can pause the internet without issue. Is the app and operating system on both phones fully up to date? Do you know if the app is being uninstalled on your son's phone? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
kategarvey44
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue, and followed all the troubleshooting instructions posted previously in this thread.  Yes, both phones have the app installed, yes, both are paired, and yes, both are connected to wifi and Verizon LTE data. No idea why, but when I clicked "Pause Internet" nothing happened on my daughter's device (an iPhone 8), and she can still access the internet and all apps. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the time to work with us via the Community Forums as I know the importance of being able to maange your childs access. Have you tried removing the Companion app and resinstalling it to pair it again? Did you test the connection with WiFi on and off just to rule out if it is stopping LTE but not WiFi? Are the other Smart Family settings able to update like Content Filtering and time restrictions?    YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
kategarvey44
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the Companion app as you suggested and it didn't work.  Then I tried it again with the Wifi off (didn't work) and again with it on (still didn't work).  Right now when I click "Pause internet" from my app it just stalls and does nothing (it shows the circle going around and around like it's trying to do something, but the circle never stops - I let it go like this for ~10 minutes to no avail.  And yes, it appears that the other Smart Family settings (like Content filtering and time restrictions) are able to update without any problems.  It's just the most important one (in my opinion) - pausing the internet when I want/need to on my child's phone!  Please advise. It's not worth paying whatever I'm paying for this "Smart Family" service without this capability. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@kategarvey44 Making sure you're able to use all the features of your Smart Family service is extremely important, and I appreciate you following the troubleshooting. Would it be possible to try installing the companion app on any other Verizon line you have available and trying to pause the internet? We'd like to see if the issue is with the specific device, or if it's happening to the Smart Family service as a whole. We look forward to your update.

JesseG_VZW

0 Likes
AJR5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. My sons phone is a S10+ please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AJR5, we want you to be able to manage your child's internet usage. Does your son still have the Smart Family Companion app stored on his phone? Are both your app and his app currently up to date? When was the last time you were able to successfully pause his internet?

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
Elayton41

I am having the same issue. What is the resolution?

Both of us have the app, both of us are on WiFi. 

Without this feature what is the value add of the Smart Family service? None of the websites are being blocked and he’s not being limited with any of the settings I put in place. Not good Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Elayton41, I recommend uninstalling the app on both devices, powercycling the phones and reinstalling the apps. If it is still not working, we may need to file a ticket to have your specific issues investigated. - ErichC_VZW

0 Likes