smart family app wont pair with my sons iPhone 6 ver. 12.4.3
mikeyboii33

i try to pair with my sons iPhone 6 by sending an instruction text from Smart Family app, but when i receive a text it says: "You were unable to receive a text due to a device restriction or insufficient funds."

i tried deleting app and reinstalling with no luck.

theres no restrictions on any phones

this is annoying 

0 Likes
Re: smart family app wont pair with my sons iPhone 6 ver. 12.4.3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you been able to log onto your My Verizon and adjusting account restrictions. EstevanC_VZW

0 Likes
Ballisticn8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Were you able to get this resolved? Currently having the same issue trying to pair the app on my sons phone...

0 Likes
CoryB2

I am having same problem and nothing will work!! Was on a chat with Verizon twice today for almost an hour each time and got disconnected with no help:( 

0 Likes
CoryB2

I just figured it out myself, after ALL of that!!! Went in my Verizon App, has to go into daughters account to adding blocked contacts and switch off ‘block restricted, unavailable and private numbers’.  Then I tried to send it to her again and it went through!!!  

0 Likes
mikeyboii33

where do i find the settings in the app? i looked all over and i cant find a way to unblock private numbers

0 Likes
CoryB2

Go to Smart Family app. Click on YOUR account at top of page.  Click on Contacts and then blocked contacts.  Will see ‘block private and restricted’

0 Likes