Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,145 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
time restrictions are not working
bkm132
Enthusiast - Level 2

I set time limits for my 12 year old daughter because I don't want her using the phone at night. However, I can see on Smart Family Base that she is sending SMS text messages after the time limit should supposedly go into effect.  I can see the numbers she is sending to - why is it allowing her to send them? And why is she able to use the phone at all? I thought setting a time restriction meant she couldn't use the phone during those hours.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: time restrictions are not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bkm132, we're happy to assist you here. Having Verizon Smart Family is a great way to control usage. I would suggest checking her device to make sure that the application for this feature is still on her device or is up to date.

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
bkm132
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I have her device, and yes, the Smart Family Companion is operating, correctly paired, and up to date. It does correctly keep her from doing anything that involves data during the night hours (I set them to be 9pm to 7am) but allows SMS texting. I tested it this morning at 6am and verified that I was able to send a text message. And I can see lots of afterhours text messages on her phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for checking. This may require us to look over the account to properly address the issue. Please send us a Private Message on Facebook, or folow and DM us on Twitter for further assistance.

Alfredo_VZW

Follow
us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If
my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bkm132
Enthusiast - Level 2

I already spent 2 hours with Verizon support, who agreed with me that the controls were set up correctly but not working.  They said they had no idea why it wasn't working (they could see the SMS messages being sent at the times they should have been blocked) and opened a ticket. Since then, nothing. It doesn't work and I am now looking at using Circle instead.

0 Likes