Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
what do i have to do to install family base on my childs phone?
cheril74

what do I have to do to install family base on my childs phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: what do i have to do to install family base on my childs phone?
CherylH224
Novice

Are you asking how to install the FamilyBase companion app on your child's phone (for Android only I believe)? Or are you just looking to enable FamilyBase so that it tracks and controls what your child does on their phone?

Here are some links from Verizon's site that may help - http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-familybase-faqs/

How to Use Guide: Verizon FamilyBase | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CherylH224
Novice

Are you asking how to install the FamilyBase companion app on your child's phone (for Android only I believe)? Or are you just looking to enable FamilyBase so that it tracks and controls what your child does on their phone?

Here are some links from Verizon's site that may help - http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-familybase-faqs/

How to Use Guide: Verizon FamilyBase | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
cheril74

I am wandering if I have to have actual access the the child phone and if they will be aware the app is installed

0 Likes
CherylH224
Novice

Yes, you will need to install the app from the child's phone. Yes, the child will be able to see the app is installed. They could even uninstall it.

From Verizon's FB FAQs:

If your child removes or disables the FamilyBase Companion app, you’ll be alerted within 24 hours and be provided instructions for how to reinstall the Companion app. When this occurs, FamilyBase won’t be able to detect phone activity between the time when the app is disabled or removed and the time when the alert is sent.

If your child continually removes the FamilyBase Companion app to get around the on-demand lock feature, try using the time restrictions in FamilyBase to set times for appropriate phone use.

0 Likes