Gizmo watch 2 chimes everyday at 7 am
Lvannest
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 2 Gizmo Watch 2s and they both chime at 7:00 am everyday.  I don’t see where an alert is on. Please help!

Labels (1)
Re: Gizmo watch 2 chimes everyday at 7 am
Agropper

Thanks for posting.  Did Verizon help you resolve this issue?  I have the same problem.  Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having the same issue as well, Agropper.

We will be delighted to provide you the help you need. Is there an alert set up? Take a look at pages 30 and 38 of the user manual. https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Catalog%20Assets/Devices/Gizmo/Gizmowatch%20UG/gizmow...

Page 47 provides instructions on resetting the Gizmo Watch.

Please let us know if you run it any issues. 

VanessaS_VZW 

0 Likes
Kevinsbar77

Same issue nothing works 

0 Likes
Kevinsbar77

Nothing works meaning page 30, 38. Or 47. I did a hard reset nothing stops this

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Kevinsbar77. We are sorry to hear that you are still having issues with Gizmo watch. Was the hard reset you did a Factory Reset? Also, when was the Gizmo purchased? *Cassie

0 Likes
BenM22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. It's not anything we set up. The manual, or an update or reset, isn't the answer.

0 Likes
jtgarrett1217

Did anyone find a solution to this? I have the same problem and it’s really annoying.

0 Likes
BenM22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I set "silent hours" for a 10-minute period around 7am, which worked for one day, and then the alert moved to 7:06 and started going off very loud every morning again. I've now got it set to silent for a 20-minute period around 7am and that seems to be working.

Hopefully no one ever has an emergency and can't reach their child around 7am because of this issue. Verizon is going to get a lot of bad publicity, especially since it's been identified and ignored for a long time now.

0 Likes
BenM22
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI, it's the step counter that's doing it. Every morning around 7am the phone alerts on the previous day's step count. It also creates a similar alert on my phone. Neither is configurable and neither can be disabled. We didn't set up step counting and don't want it, but there's no option to do anything about it. 

0 Likes