SmartHub replaces HomeFusion...but does it get a public IP address?
Andrew_K

We've been told by Verizon that LTE Internet (Installed)/HomeFusion is no longer being offered, and SmartHub is the replacement product. With HomeFusion I've been able to get DMZ to work, as well as port forwarding predefined applications, but not custom port forwarding (which I suspect is a bug in HomeFusion firmware). This would seem to indicate the HomeFusion router receives a public IP address.

In my testing of a Jetpack, DMZ and port forwarding do NOT work, probably because of double NAT. I'm wondering if SmartHub follows the Jetpack/MiFi way of doing things (no public IP), or the HomeFusion way (gets a public IP). This doesn't appear to be documented anywhere.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SmartHub replaces HomeFusion...but does it get a public IP address?
Tdbinns
Enthusiast - Level 1

After 2 hours on the phone with support trying to understand how to configure DMZ, Port Forwarding and VPN, I got the answer.   No those features only work if you buy a static IP address for $500.   So the unit is a bait and switch, its has all the features in the Verizon store and the sales person can talk to, but they leave out the fact that only if you spend an additional $500 is the features work. 

Also it is very limiting in the Z-Wave devices that it supports.  They say you can controller you house but it has none of the light switches or other nice devices.    I have asked if they are going to increase support for other devices, but it seems to be radio silence form them.  I have asked if there will be upgrades, and the same radio silence.     After I have had it a bit I have to wonder if its worth the price.

Maybe this community will get some worth while information.

Kurious_George
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have SmartHub MBHA10 made by Technicolor with the latest Firmware (7764). When you select Port Forwarding > Add Port it does not list my camera which is connected to the LAN connector on the back of the hub. I can access the camera in the browser by entering its IP address followed by the port (e.g., 192.168.1.30:30000). But the hub doesn't "find" it, I suppose, so you can't Port Forward it.

Would really like to be able to enter an IP Address manually for Port Forwarding > Add Port. All the JetPacks allow this and they work fine. Why doesn't SmartHub allow you to enter an IP Address for Port Forwarding > Add Port?

0 Likes
natashaa_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi Kurious George. Help is here as I definitely want to assist with your questions on your Smart Hub.

I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

0 Likes
Kurious_George
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, I just responded.

0 Likes