Verizon Smarthub experience
siphon00
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just a quick share of my experience with the smarthub after about 3 months of use for anyone considering it.  First off I live 4 miles out of a small community in rural Nebraska so this was our only option other than satellite for Internet... I average about 1mb/s speed while connected to the smarthub by lan with a 6 core pc with 16 gb ram.  Top speed I've seen is about 1.5mb/s.  Which my phone lying right next to the smarthub, tethered to the same pc I average 4mb/s speeds.  This smarthub is not anywhere near the 4g speed they describe.  After the 10gb of use (which lasts about 3 days with 2 kids and a wife addicted to Netflix)  the speeds I see from the smarthub range from 0.3-0.6 mb/s.  when loading websites at this speed it reminds me of dialup in the mid 90's.  Netflix works..... Albeit it looks like a pixilated mess and stops to buffer often.  I often get frustrated and go back to tethering my phone to watch Netflix or surf the Web.  While already being on the unlimited plan another 20$ a month makes sense to have an extra home phone as well as a wifi hub in the house, this device is the most disappointing piece of tech I've encountered and I honestly steer people away like it's the plague if they have alternative options for Internet.  They should call it the slowhub.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Smarthub experience
NATRISE74

AMEN!!! The disappointing thing to me was that the associate didn't tell me that the speed would significantly drop after the 1st 10 GB. I am royally bummed. I also have 2 children who are both 6 years old, (one is autistic) so they like to watch their Netflix shows. It will be addressed as the "slow-hub" from now on. I might not even keep it.

0 Likes