Wired Internet - No Internet Connection
LOU-NAWLINS

I am trying to connect a smart Bluray/DVD player to the SmartHub.   Physical Connection per Bluray/DVD player is "ok", but Internet access "Failed".

SmartHub does not show a connected device.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wired Internet - No Internet Connection
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Making sure you're able to connect your smart Bluray/DVD player to your SmartHub and get an internet connection is important, and we're here to help, LOU-NAWLINS.

Just to be clear, are you attempting to connect the Bluray/DVD player to the SmartHub via an Ethernet cable? Have you been able to connect other devices to the SmartHub using an Ethernet cable? Have you tried connecting the Bluray/DVD player via WiFi? 

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LOU-NAWLINS

Yes I am trying to connect via ethernet cable from the SmartHub to the Sony Blueray/DVD.  Once connected the DVD player successfully obtained an IP address and shows physical Connection good.

But also shows no Internet availability.

Connecting wirelessly with my Samsung Note 9 to SmartHub,  I do have Internet connectivity.  Even with rest of the phone on airplane mode, so I know I am getting it from the SmartHub.

Additionally,  the SmartHub only shows 1 device connected with both the Samsung Note 9 Wireless and the DVD wired.  If just the DVD, it shows 0 connected devices.

I tried both ethernet ports on the SmartHub: one showing a LAN diagram and the one showing home router.  As expected,  only the LAN one gives an IP address and shows physical Connection ok.

No, I have not tried to wire any other devices to the SmartHub.

0 Likes
LOU-NAWLINS

Also,  I no longer Twitter or Facebook or other Social Media so can't follow.

0 Likes