Travelpass
lovevr02
Enthusiast - Level 2

Guys - My Verizon UP has 11 travel passes accumulated but Verizon rep said I can only use 1 travelpass per month and I cannot use them for a straight 11 days. Is that accurate?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Travelpass
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon, lovevr02. I can clear things up here.

You are able to use the TravelPass  sessions consecutively; however, they do need to be used within 12-months of issue date

Does this make sense?  -Vanessa

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon, lovevr02. I can clear things up here.

You are able to use the TravelPass  sessions consecutively; however, they do need to be used within 12-months of issue date

Does this make sense?  -Vanessa

lovevr02
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you authorized Verizon support? I'm attaching a screenshot from the Verizon Up tab on the mobile app. As you can see, I've accumulated 11 days. Again, can I use it consecutively daily from today till Feb 15 and I won't see any additional charge on my bill?

Thanks

20230204_200705568_iOS.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm not able to see the screenshot, lovevr02. However, you can use the days consecutively. Just know that TravelPass is not available on cruise ships or airplanes.

You can get more details here: https://www.verizon.com/support/travelpass-faqs/

I hope this helps!  -Vanessa

0 Likes
lovevr02
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok I sent it to you directly too

In addition, I read some other threads that travelpass gets triggered despite roaming being turned off. How about if I turn off cellular data? Would that work if I don't want to use travelpass?

Thanks

0 Likes
lovevr02
Enthusiast - Level 2

One more question - will it prompt me daily to use  a travelpass or it automatically triggers if I'm roaming? At times, I may prefer to simply use the per mb rate if I'm not going to use the phone much at all that day or if I am in a wifi area

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is to know your options when traveling. TravelPass will automatically be triggered when international usage does occur. If you would like to avoid using TravelPass you can put your device in airplane mode. This will allow you to use your Wi-Fi. If you want to turn off TravelPass you can contact us, and we can remove it. But it would have to be added back. Please let us know if you have any other questions, we're happy to help!

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Good question! No, you don't need to opt in every day. Add TravelPass once, and it stays on your line, so you're all set for your next trip. You're only charged for the days that you use your device in a TravelPass country. There's no charge when you're in the US. Please be aware:If your device has cellular data or data roaming turned on, a TravelPass session can be started by background data, including: - App content refreshing (e.g., Weather apps, Fitness Tracker) - Syncing (e.g., email) - Device or app software updates
For more info, check out our FAQs: https://www.verizon.com/support/travelpass-faqs/. Hope this helped.

~Gilbert

0 Likes