Why is Verizon slowing my speed to a crawl ?
Manhoff

Why is Verizon slowing my speeds down to 0.23 Mb/s (down) and 0.08 Mb/s after I hit 2gb on my 5gb 3G Fivespot?

This is to a server only 100 miles away. Have tried other servers with no better results.

Speeds are good till I hit 2GB usage. Are they trying to force me into the 4G, more expensive / less GB plan?

( I am currently outside the 2 year contract)

0 Likes
Re: Why is Verizon slowing my speed to a crawl ?
Not applicable

Verizon is not slowing you down. If you re entitled to 5 GB you will get 5 GB. If your speed is slowing down is could be due to many users in your area. Also there isn't a 3G and 4G data plan. There is a data plan. If you have a 4G device an your area has 4G you'll get 4G if you only have a 3G device you'll get 3G.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You see your on 3G and you will get much slower speed over the faster 4G speeds. that is how it is. On a 5 connect hotspot the speed already being slow(3G) each connection slows down equally to the others.

What you should remember if you purchase the 4G hotspot and make sure 4G is available in your area of use, your speeds will double or triple what your getting now. If you pay full price for it and do not have a contract you need only swap out the device for the old one. No plan changes. Please note with 4G speeds you will burn through that 5GB as fast as you can blink your eyes.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Manhoff,

I appreciate you reaching out to us. I can understand your concern towards your speeds slowing. I want to assure you that we do not throttle data speeds according to usage on a 3G mobile hotspot. If you continue to experience slow speeds on the device. I suggest completing a factory reset on the device. To ensure that you are able to receive optimum speeds.

YosefT_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ZOEGRL01

If I Have 15 MB on my hotspot and I use all of it what speed will my computer slow to beTonda the 15 MB?

0 Likes