$100 trade up to smartphone a SCAM
chowder21

Convenient the other thread about this exact thing has been Locked so you can't post to it anymore.  So I'll start a new thread so its fresh. 

My saga is a year old.  I traded up from an LG ENV3 to a Droid 3.  My phone was appraised online, the mailer was sent, and my phone was returned.  I received a confirmation E-mail saying my phone was accepted and the value was the $100 as expected/appraised.  My gift card was "in the mail".  6wks go by and nothing.  I've made phone call after phone call requesting it be resent.  I'm now told they don't do actual gift cards anymore, its all done through E-mail.  Great, you have my current E-mail, send it on. 

Every time I call, I insist on talking with "supervisor" or manager, and nothing.  I'm constantly told they cannot, and that they will leave a message marked "urgent" with whoever, and I will receive a call within 48-72 hours.  And everytime I wait at least 4days before I call again. 

I will note though, that all my calls have been logged into my account, so each time I call, the rep is oh so apologetic, "i'm sorry, I know how you must feel, blah blah blah".  Yet every time I say I want to talk with a supervisor, No, you can't do that, we'll leave another "Urgent" message for them.  And another 4 days go by and nothing. 

This whole trade in program in my opinon is a big SCAM.  I have E-mail traffic stating my device was received and appraised and a gift card in on the way, yet no gift card.  Pretty soon I'll be investigating how legal action can be taken.  This is rediculous. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: $100 trade up to smartphone a SCAM
Not applicable

I suspect a lawyer will cost you a lot more than $100. Yes Verizon stole you're phone on purpose. That'show they make their billions.

0 Likes
bradmac88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try filing a report with the BBB. I have a feeling that will help resolve the issue in a very timely manner. Smiley Happy I hope the best solution can come from this.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Brian68 wrote:

I suspect a lawyer will cost you a lot more than $100. Yes Verizon stole you're phone on purpose. That'show they make their billions.

the poster can file in small claims with his proof. he needs no lawyer he only pays the court fee and verizon is served to appear. he simply adds the filing costs and loss of a days pay to his complaint.

Bottom line, verizon loses more than $100

Like I once said to a vendor I was dealing with " I live in Court" and they were stunned when the Sheriff served them same day. Its a good feeling when you know you are right and the court agrees.

0 Likes