14 day Return Policy for renewed Unlimited Data users After 06/28?
redvenom97
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I wanted to start a thread on this having not seen it discussed earlier.  I have Unlimited Data on my current plan, with 2 lines ready for an upgrade.  I will be renewing tomorrow but my question is, what happens if I wish to return/exchange phones per the standard 14 day return policy?  If I exchange a phone next week, will I still retain unlimited data?  I've seen conflicting information on this on the web and with personal discussions with Verizon reps (chat / phone).  If not, it would seem that those users renewing unlimited plans today would only have 1.5 days to return their phone without penalty of being forced to a new plan.

Can we please get clarification?  Any information a VZW community moderator can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Phil

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 14 day Return Policy for renewed Unlimited Data users After 06/28?
MankatoMN12
Contributor - Level 2

After the 28th you will not get the ability to keep the unlimited plan, even with the 14 day WFG. The reason behind that is that the contract is void if you do the 14 day WFG, then when you get a different phone it starts a new contract on that date. How many GBs of data do you use a month?

0 Likes
redvenom97
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply Mankato, this is the type of descrepancy that i am hoping to clear up.  I am hoping for official Verizon response to get peace of mind, to my self and many other people who are in the same boat.

As for Data usage, on 3G we are currently ~2 GB per month per line (x4).  This will dramatically increase with 4G, i anticipate to 3.5 or 4GB per month per line.  This is due to the proliferation of cloud storage, streaming, Netflix (impossible on 3G) and all the great things a 4G phone allows.

My problem isn't so much as losing the Unlimited data, as it is losing the discount price of my data plan.  I participated in the promotion in Fall 2010 where they gave $20 credit for unlimited data per line...so i only pay $9.99 for unlimited.  I'm sure there are several other people under this or similar promotions that would "disappear" if they change to any new plan and I don't think Verizon will have anything similar that i would be willing to switch to.

So if I get a Droid Bionic and have Data connectivity issues (which i've read about), and want to exchange the phone...it would be at least an $80 monthly bill swing to get a new phone if the 14 day policy wasn't in effect and i was forced to change plans.

EDIT:  I just found this posted in another thread (didn't find it earlier before my post).  Can we consider this official?

Re: Can I upgrade phone before "Share Everything" and return if I don't like it and still keep unlim...

Verizon Wireless Customer SupportSilver

dchay,

Hi there! Our 14 day return/exchange period will allow you to keep the existing plan if you decide to exchange after the 28th of June. If you do upgrade after June 28th, then the line will migrate to tiered data. Thank you!

AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i think it depends on whether you "exchange" it or "return" it. if you exchange it for a different device, then i believe your contract stays in tact. however, if you return it and go back to your old device, then i think the new contract would be cancelled. when you went back in a month or so later to use your upgrade, you would have to select tiered pricing.

0 Likes
redvenom97
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good point.  To clarify i'm speaking with regards to an Exchange, as I definitely want to use the upgrade while I can.

0 Likes