150$ Rebate---another victim
tangween

I wish I had looked this up before switching my AT&T to Verizon. I heard good reviews about Verizon's customer service AND I saw a promotion "150$ rebate per number you port in". Sweeeet! I got 6 numbers on my plan, so I decided to switch over. Thinking it would be better if I contacted Verizon directly instead of signing up online, to avoid missing any steps. A representative walked me through everything from picking out the right plan to the phones we wanted. Everything was good to go. "You should receive the 150$ mastercard after 6-8 weeks".

3 weeks went by, I called back for a question on my phone bill. This time, another nice representative answered my question. So i just thought I should bring up the 150$ again. "Yup, you should receive them within 6-8 weeks. Oh and also, did you know you are qualified for free 6 month of Apple music and 1 year of Disney Plus? Let me send you links to sign up for those benefits." Great! I got those links and signed up. Fast forward till September. 150$ mastercards never came. So I called customer service again. A nice representative checked my account and confirmed that there was 150$ rebate promotion at the time I opened my account, BUT.....(this is the trick) you had to redeem it within 30 days. "I wish you had contacted us sooner" said Verizon representative. Well I did and nothing was mentioned to me about that step. Remember they went out of their way to send me links for 6 month free Apple music and Disneyplus, however the link to redeem my 150$ was never mentioned. Seriously, if you have an option to sign up for 6 month free Apple music or redeem 150$ per phone (And i got 6 phone, so would have been 900$), which one would you forget to sign up?

In conclusion, I'm very disappointed and frustrated with Verizon at this point. Just like other victims, I feel like being scammed. Seems like this has been happening for years, if Verizon is really serious about treating their customers right, this problem shouldn't be existing till now.

Hope no one will be in the same situation like me and other victims. 

0 Likes
Re: 150$ Rebate---another victim
TheBakerMatt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also nearly missed my 30 day window due to horrendous communication. Everything stated to me through chat was that I would automatically be put in for the Mastercard and that I would receive them roughly x time from signing up.

That being said, I did end up getting signed up for the rebate, and am now fighting that side of things. The rebate is issued as an "e-giftcard" for the Verizon store. In essence, store credit. I have screenshots of the promised "prepaid Mastercard" which I think any consumer will recognize as a different thing. This isn't just poor communication, I think there is some false advertising and lying involved as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can see as to how situation like this could be concerning, please send us a Private Note and we will take a closer look. - CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want our customers to have an issue like this. Getting your rebate is important to us and we would like to review this more. In order to review this please private message us for additional review regarding your rebate concerns. 

0 Likes