15g Extra Data not showing up
cumfycozie
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, back in March, I got an email matching several of Verizon's press releases saying they were adding an additional 15g of data to my plan for use between April 1st and 30th.  Then I got another saying they were doing the same for May.  Which makes it a little surprising that both of the phones on my account have been getting warnings that we're in danger of going over the 2g allotted to them.

I've contacted customer service, and it's frankly been a disgrace.  The first time, I was in a chat with someone who seemed unaware of the extra 15g thing at all, and denied that any such email had ever been sent to me.  Then we got disconnected and they never followed up.  I tried calling customer service, and after an hour on hold, again got a denial of the email, then got told it didn't apply to my plan (despite my plan having been explicitly listed in Verizon's announcement and FAQ) and then I got disconnected, and again, no follow up.  Then today, I called again, only to get a guy who first tried to tell me that it was 15g for the entire time between March and May (despite what the emails and multiple press releases have said), and that I had used it all up (despite the phones AND my account page showing that we hadn't used more than the 4g I'd paid for.)  When I confronted him about that, he claimed that we wouldn't see where the 15g was used, that there was no way for me (or him) to track that, and that I'd just have to take his word for it that we'd used it all up.  (He also told me that I never received the emails.  I offered to forward it to him, but he said that was also impossible.)

So how is it that Verizon is trumpeting all they're doing to "help their customers in these difficult times," yet their customer service reps seem to know nothing about it?    I'm honestly starting to feel like I'm being gaslighted.

Re: 15g Extra Data not showing up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cumfycozie,

The 15GB of data is a great add-on and I'm sorry to hear the experience with it hasn't been pleasant, nor has the communications with my peers in Chat and Customer Service. Let's make sure we're all squared away with this. You are correct regarding the 15GB for April and May being added onto the plan during each month, not a lump sum. My peers are correct regarding the visibility of this add-on for you and for us. In terms of the email communications, it'll send alerts based on the plan data plus the 15GB included. So, to get to the root of this, have you received any overages at all (was anything actually billed to you)? I've seen instances where the system has alerted customers they're in danger, but really, it's still the normal plan data they are in danger of. Being that it's only May 9th, I'd be surprised to see 15GB used up this quickly. So, please tell me more about what you're seeing online for overages, as well as your previous month's bill to see what overages were or were not charged. 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
cumfycozie
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, I got my bill, and I was charged for going over my data limit.  From your response, it sounds like that's not correct, so please let me know what I need to do. 

Thanks,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be shocked if I got charged for going over too. I would love to see what I can do to help.I have sent you a private message so we can help. -AmberFVZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which plan do you have? The 15 GB extra hotspot data allowance is only available for customers with the New Verizon Unlimited Plan, the Beyond Unlimited Plan Above Unlimited Plan, Play More Unlimited Plan, Do More Unlimited Plan, or Get More Unlimited Plan.

Based on your post, I wonder if you have a tiered data plan with 2GB for the account or per line. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes