1x service only
J2GATOR

My texting, internet, and phone have all been down since around 6:30am (Arizona time) and only giving me a 1x with 1 bar.  I chatted with Verizon via the Chat button and at first the Verizon person asked me if I was in Coolidge, AZ (since there was a report of downed service), and I informed him that I am nowhere near Coolidge, AZ but I am in downtown Phoenix and several of my coworkers are experiencing the same problem.  I want to know what is the ETA for resolving this issue.  I have powered my iPhone X down 4-5 times already trying to reset the service (even removed the sim card and inserted it back in) but to no avail.  Will I get a credit on my bill for the down time?  So far we are 3.5 hours without service.  Verizon chat texted me with the service ticket number, however, my texting is not working as I had to log in onto desktop to get to my messages.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 1x service only
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Credit for NO SERVICE not slow 1xRTT service is only available for claiming if the service is down for 24 hours continuous at a minimum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
J2GATOR

Thank you for your reply, but it is not slow service, I have no service (nothing is working: texting, email, internet, phone, apps), so the phone is useless right now other than to use as a paper weight and it is not the phone itself, it is the service or lack of.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

However you have stated that you are receiving a 1xRTT signal, so technically it isn't completely down even if you can't use it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

J2GATOR, keeping you connected to the Verizon network is of utmost importance. We would be happy to review the situation with the services in the area and work toward a resolution on your concerns. The steps you have completed are usually helpful, so thank you for attempting those steps. Ann154 provided some accurate information, but we need to gather more details to better assist. Have you traveled outside the downtown area to check if services improve? Do the same problems happen outdoors? What error messages do you receive when trying to use the services?

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
J2GATOR

Well, actually originally I was only getting a 1x with 1 bar but now not even the 1x is showing and only 4 grayed out dots are showing, so does that still mean "technically not down" with no bars and no other symbol (i.e., 1x, LTE, etc)?  My real question is when will this be resolved?  And again it is not the phone because several of my coworkers are experiencing no service whatsoever and the 4 grayed out dots too.

0 Likes
J2GATOR

Unfortunately, I have not ventured outside, as I am virtually locked to my desk (just kidding but almost).  I can try and see if I can get anything on the phone by stepping outside now; I will get back to you shortly.

0 Likes
J2GATOR

I went outside for a couple of minutes (hotter than Hade's here, lol) and phone picked up LTE and then went to 3G but is now back to 1x.  I am in the bowels of a building (I am every workday) but this has never been an issue before today so I am perplexed as to why.  It is trying to bounce between 3G, 1x and 1 bar now.

0 Likes
J2GATOR

Connection Error: Unable to connect with the server.  Check your internet connection and try again. When I click Retry, I get the same error message and my phone is back to 1x, which is useless because it will not send any texts or emails, apps do not work and phone calls do not go through.  All I really want to know is when this will be resolved.  As I stated below, I do work in a basement area, however this is the first time I have ever experienced my phone locking on 1x with no service to use anything on the phone.  I get that Verizon will not issue any credits for "down service" but my number 1 concern is when I can expect to have the 1x back up to at least 3G so I can somewhat function, as I cannot keep leaving my desk to run outside to send texts, emails and phone calls.

0 Likes
J2GATOR

What is the ETA for resolving this issue of phone staying in 1x mode (phone is useless right now)?  I have done the following:

Powered phone off and back on (7 times)

Removed and re-inserted Sim card

Settings, Cellular, Cellular Data Options, Enable LTE, Voice & Data

Turned Airplane mode on and then off

Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings

None of these things above have resolved the 1x mode and I do not have an option of connecting to a WiFi (only unsecure WiFi, which I will not use).

I will reiterate, that I have never had this issue before in the location that I am at (I am at this same exact location everyday M-F).  I also chatted via chat on Verizon and was given a repair ticket # but I have no idea how to look up status of the ticket.

0 Likes