1x signal rather than 4g lte?
Rtvater

Why am I getting 1x in the right hand corner on my phone

0 Likes
Re: Why do I get 1x signal rather than 4g lte?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Rtvater, 

We definitely want you to have the best experience with our service. We can definitely look more closely into this, as we're not showing any reported issues in 20774 currently. When did this begin? Is it always showing 1X, or is this intermittent? What services are affected (voice, messaging, data)? Please provide some additional details, thank you.  

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
Re: 1x signal rather than 4g lte?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rtvater, I would also be concerned to see my device only picking up 1x signal. When did your phone start picking up 1x service only? I would also like to take a closer look at the area. Can you please provide us with the zip code you are in? 

0 Likes
Kaiden45
Enthusiast - Level 1

It happens to me also... It doesn't matter what I'm doing or which zip code I'm in sometimes it'll never go to 4G LTE and I can't use my internet without WiFi

0 Likes
CLCl1970

I'm experiencing same issue in 38558 zip code area.  Problem seems to have started this month (August 2020).  Went from 4GLTE with 3 bars in my house and 4 bars outside to 1X or at best 1 bar on 3G I think.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kaiden45,

I want to make sure you get the best service without any of these signal fluctuations, so let's dig further into what you're experiencing on your device. To begin, can you please provide the nearest intersection and zip code for the last location this issue occurred? What difference do you see when you're outdoors versus indoors? Do your issues occur in other areas as well?

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
Kaiden45
Enthusiast - Level 1

It happens everywhere no matter where I'm at either 18052, or 19144 I can be indoors or outdoors and actually it's happening now I can't use my own data I gotta be on WiFi... 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate those details and want to ensure we are taking the proper steps to provide a solution. When did the trouble begin? What model phone are you using?

0 Likes
Kaiden45
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm using a Galaxy S10+ and it started as soon as activated my service with you guys.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those additional details, Kaiden45. We're on the case. When exactly did you start service? Do you know if other Verizon Wireless customers nearby to you are also having issues? Are the issues both inside and outside? 

-Ryan

0 Likes