2 handsets 1 number
jgrumps
can i have 2 handsets on one number?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 2 handsets 1 number
guy
Enthusiast - Level 3
not possible :smileysad:   there is the option to add the line as a family share plan and share minutes if you need 2 phones.
0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hello and welcome.   Well "Guy" gave you the correct answer :smileyhappy:     I would like to just thank you for even asking the question because it has always been a desire of mine to be able to have wireless phones mimic landline phones in this capability.    I would personally love to have more than one phone on a line.   One of the reasons cell phones endure so  much abuse is they are constantly being shoved in pockets, purses, tossed on car seats or onto home tables, etc.    In other words, a lot of traveling and bouncing around.   Yes, they are somewhat engineered for this but lef's face it . . . it takes a toll.

Being able to anchor multiple cell phones to various places around the home and in our vehicle(s), while allowing a single phone for the portable mission would make the experience a much more convenient one as you would know a phone is handily available in all your primary points of use.

Yes, I fully realize this would require a change in the technology because of the nature of the current system . . . but cell phones are now doing things they never could 20 years ago when it all roughly began and I think an exploration into this capability would serve many of us well.   Are you listening manufacturers?   LOL :smileyhappy:

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
madman32395
it is very possible but on one phone (unactive) you need to program the numbers from the active phone into the unactive phone, but the problem with that is that which ever phone picks up the signal first gets to ring and the other does not. and if one phone is talking the other cant make a call.
0 Likes