2 hours to activate a new phone due to poor signal strength. We need answers.
AMISMI9
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have noticed a steady, progressive decline in signal strength over the last year.  I have called customer support several times, only to get the standard response of "You need a new phone," or "You need to update your phone."  My husband and I spend a fortune with Verizon every month, we both have the latest iPhone 6s and are vigilant about updating our devices.  I cannot get anyone to escalate the problem so that it can be addressed from a technical standpoint.  Needless to say, I am very dissatisfied with Verizon right now. It took over 2 hours just to activate our son's iPhone today because of the "weak signal".  We had great coverage up until the last year.  My zip code is 37353.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 2 hours to activate a new phone due to poor signal strength.  We need answers.
AMISMI9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have lived in the same place since 2006 and have had Verizon since we moved in. We used to have a very strong signal and the data coverage map indicates we are in 4G coverage.  This is very very frustrating. My husband works from home and relies on our Verizon to conduct business. Something has to be done or we will have to switch carriers.

0 Likes
Re: 2 hours to activate a new phone due to poor signal strength. We need answers.
mama23dogs
Legend

Why did you wait this long?  No matter how much you pay, you deserve service.   You should investigate other carriers and jump ship. 

I Know some areas have poor service in general, but you should know what options you have.  You might even cut your bill by a few bucks.

Your sons phone will work perfectly on another carrier, DO NOT trade it in.   Switch offers are only reimbursements and take months to come in.   Same advice if you have iPhone 5S or newer - keep the phones and use them on the new carrier, they will work great.

Good luck wherever you land.  

Re: 2 hours to activate a new phone due to poor signal strength. We need answers.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AMISMI9, having reliable cell phone service is very important these days. We appreciate your loyalty to Verizon Wireless and would be sad to see you ever leave. I was able to review the zip code and the coverage area looks great. Are you only having these issues while inside your home? Or are you having them outdoors as well? How far would you say you need to travel before you can pick up better service again? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AMISMI9
Enthusiast - Level 1

The signal starts fading about 2 miles away from our house.  The signal was great until 12 months ago. Always full strength or at least 4 bars.  Now, on a "good day" we have 2 bars of service now, but normally just one. We routinely spend $400 plus a month with Verizon and while that doesn't make us your largest account, it certainly doesn't make us your smallest.  There must be something that can be done.

0 Likes