$200 Visa card for switching SCAM
Mabousaoui
Enthusiast - Level 1

February I went to a Verizon store to add a new line to my plan from sprint and I purchased a new iPhone. The sales representative told me I would be receiving a $200 visa gift card within 2 months. Fast forward to now two months later and no gift card. I contact Verizon and the online customer service rep tells me that I was supposed to apply a discount online within 30 days. This was NEVER mentioned once during my time at the Verizon store and I was given no paperwork mentioning this.  The online sales representative basically told me there was nothing they could do now because since the store informed me of the $200 Visa card they would be the ones who would have to process changes. How is VERIZON not able to do anything? Of course the store won’t do anything about it other than deny hiding that information from me and how convenient for Verizon to release themselves from any responsibility of scamming and lying to their customers like this. This is a complete scam on the part of Verizon. 

Re: $200 Visa card for switching SCAM
Saker
Enthusiast - Level 1

they messed up me out of a $250. Mastercard gift card when you activate a new motorola device on Verizon and keep your number.
which is exactly what I did, of course their "system" wouldn't then recognize the rebate and I got nothing but endless run-around from their "rebate center" people, and b.s form letter email saying

Since we are the rebate center, the concerned department for your issue should be the customer service. Also, I could also refer you to the nearest store for further assistance. I do apologize for any frustration this may have caused you. 

of course there was no way of getting ahold of a real person, and the stores are obviously not a valid possibility... Now I see they messed up me for $40. fee that was supposed to have been waived in addition to the 250. I was messed up out of. Utterly LOATHESOME monopoly "company" that needs to be broken up

0 Likes
Green_Sub
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got a $150 gift card for moving my phone to Verizon last February.

Had I not read the fine print on our hard copy receipt I would have missed out too.

FWIW, check your paperwork.

0 Likes
Mabousaoui
Enthusiast - Level 1

That’s the thing, they gave me no paperwork. So no fine print to read. 

0 Likes
Green_Sub
Enthusiast - Level 3

So sorry.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'er sorry to read that you're having trouble with the $200.00 Visa card. We know it's vital to receive all the promotion that were offered. Please reply to our private note to better assist you. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes