$200 trade in promo
bpbradshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Changing over to VZW my sales associate told me that I would be getting no less than $200 per smartphone that was traded in and upgraded.  I am on the edge program.  I have brought over 4 lines.  He told me to go online create my VZW account and follow the prompts.  I managed to figure my way into the recycle program Appraise Your Device – Verizon Wireless.  It is giving me a true appraisal for the phone, but it is much less than the $200 minimum I was told I would be receiving. Does the $200 credit apply after the appraisal and arrangements to send the phone back?

Labels (1)
Re: $200 trade in promo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bpbradshaw,

We certainly appreciate you having chosen us! Welcome. Regarding your trade in value, so far you are correct. The system will initially give you the current value amount of your device. Once at the very end of the process you will see your device update to $200 if your current value is less than that amount. Continue the process until you are done and you will see the amount reflect our current promotion.

SandyS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bpbradshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

It did not update to the 200 value. It still kept it at the 62$ value for

the trade in. Please advise.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 11:21 AM Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

bpbradshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Congratulations! Your Trade-In is complete. Submission ID: (removed) You

will receive an email shortly confirming your trade-in and packing

instructions for your device. Your device for recycling Device Info: LG LG

Nexus 5 16GB - Appraised value $62.00

Message edited as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bpbradshaw,

That certainly should not have been the case. I recommend refreshing your browser, clearing out your cookies, and trying one more time. It sounds like you have done everything right so far. You mentioned that you have ported over 4 lines, did the other 3 trade ins go through at the right trade in value?

SandyS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The $200 is credited when the phone is received and inspected.  You have to begin the recycle/trade in process first before the next step can occur.

0 Likes
tradeintrick
Contributor - Level 3

You can get at least $100 if you sell the Nexus 5 via Swappa or eBay. You can get a cheap smart phone to trade in less than $20.

0 Likes
TJOBriens
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is happening to me.  The Verizon site is filled with glitches and problems.

I am now waiting another week to get a new promo code because one of them didn't come up as $200. 

I was told that I would get a prepaid card or some form to pay off my phones with ATT.  Now I am being told that I will only get a bill credit.

So many lies and no one can provide me with the terms and conditions for this program.  I want the terms and conditions for the $300 BIC also!

We are expected to just trust them when they tell us these things and that is unacceptable.  This should have all been on the paperwork that I received when I signed up but it isn't.  This way they can just say oh well you don't have any ground to stand on.  I SHOULD HAVE RECORDED ALL OF MY INTERACTIONS WITH THEM!!!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

TJOBriens wrote:

I was told that I would get a prepaid card or some form to pay off my phones with ATT.  Now I am being told that I will only get a bill credit.

Verizon does NOT pay off contracts or devices from other carriers.  You pay your ETF or balance on devices from your other carrier and get a port in credit on your account.  Then, you get a gift card for the trade-in amount.  You can use the credit and the gift cards to pay your bill with Verizon.  So, while Verizon does NOT "buy out" contracts and other carrier device balances, you can use the Verizon account credits to recoup those costs.

0 Likes
TJOBriens
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told that I would get $200 to use for whatever I wanted and $300 bill credit.  I know that cell companies don't pay off contracts.  I was told that I would be provided $500 per phone and that I could use that $200 for whatever I wanted including paying off my old phone which is $250.  Which I told them and they responded well you will be getting that bill credit to cover the difference but you will get $200 to spend how you want including paying off your old phone with ATT.

0 Likes