2019 BLACK FRIDAY REBATE SCAM
khouk1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been fighting with Verizon for the last few days. Back in November I snagged an awesome black friday deal and added two new lines for my family members that were switching from USC. There were two promos, buy one get one Iphone XR's AND $400 rebate visa cards for each line that was ported from a different carrier to Verizon. No issues with the BOGO, but when it comes to the rebates its a legit joke. 

I contacted Verizon customer support about 2 weeks ago asking the status of my two rebates. They assured me that I've met all the requirements (which i was told were: porting and open new unlimited line, and keep the line open for 90 days). I got an email yesterday from Verizon saying there was an issue with my rebates, please contact Verizon. I immediately chatted in and spoke with a rep for over an hour. She kept telling me that I didn't meet the requirements, because the phone's I added needed to be a certain kind. NO where did anyone disclose that information when I processed my order. They assured me that everything would pan out. The lady I first talked to through chat told me she was going to do everything she could to get this situation resolved, and I was going to hear from the rebate center the same day.

I got an email from Verizon rebate center saying to call them. I did. Took 45 mins to be connected to someone. She seemed to understand the situation and told me that it can be overridden to change the phone value since it was only a .01 difference which made the rebates invalid. She then proceeded to transfer me to Verizon customer service via phone, where they told me I had to talk to the rebate center. why! No one knew what they were doing or talking about. After talking to them forever last night I wasted my evening and requested for the CSR to give me a call back in an hour. They NEVER called me back. So this morning I had to reach out to them. They only tried to offer me $200 in account credit LOL. 

Verizon is a shady company that is trying to pull and switch&scam. 

BEWARE of verizon. I'll definitely be closing my accounts ASAP and switching to a company that isn't a bunch of crooks.

Rant over.

0 Likes
Re: 2019 BLACK FRIDAY REBATE SCAM
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

khouk1,

We value your business and we certainly don't want to see you leave the Verizon family. I know every dollar counts and we want to make sure you get everything you are supposed to. Our promotions do have requirements but we can certainly look into what happened here and find the best options. I've sent you a PM. Please reply when you're able to so we can fully assist you.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
CARTBRY
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same issue. Crooks. 10+ hrs on the phone with 5 monthly phone calls since December. Every month it’s “all fixed.” Every next month it’s denied again. No notes from previous calls so starting over every month. Currently at minute 78 on call #5 on-hold while the CSR tried to “fix the issue.” Doing the exact same thing that didn’t work the last 4 months. Canceling. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out. We never want you to feel misled and we want to make sure that you can get all your qualifying promotions. The last thing we want is for you to think about leaving us. What was advised on your most recent call? We would be happy to take a second look at the account. Please send us a Private Message to get started. 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
JH523

I wish I had read your comment before I had the same problem in 2020 black Friday. It was the same thing happening to me now fighting with Verizon for hours and hours in Jan and February 2021!!!!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes