Re: 2021 Severe Service Degradation
RightOn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just bought a New flip open phone G4 in June...Called KYOCERA... been working like a dream... this last week NOVEMBER 2021 getting dropped calls and fading and cracking voices... NEVER ever have I had this problem before with Verizon.  Defiantly a problem... I will be talking to someone and IF another person is trying to call me it drops the person I'm talking with and the other number will NOT open.   CHINA HACKERS?   RUSSIAN?  USA?

0 Likes
Bmartin6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am currently having the same issue. I haven’t moved and nothing has changed, but my VZW service has tanked! I have always had full-bar service, never dropped calls, never difficult voice calls… suddenly I have 2 bars everywhere I go! 

I’ve tried contacting customer service and was given the same repetitive instructions of “Try turning it off and then turning it back on?”. When that didn’t work I checked me speed and although very low, I was told “sorry, but that’s actually the correct speed for 4G”. VZW service has never been this bad. I agreed to pay (let’s face it) Verizon’s higher costs for wireless plans simply for the great service. Why should we continue to pay Verizon prices for Boost Mobile level of service?

bsleerecon
Enthusiast - Level 1

serious signal degradation.  New S21 samsung cell phone. No signal where there used to be one, can't use phone . Emergency only it say's.   Area code 92054  ,  never had this problem before. Is there a tower down? Need answers

dullard2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon knows they are in trouble. The are directing antennas towards more major highways for coverage and away from customers in rural areas. We pay our bills and want to make calls too. Not just worrying about someone traveling thru the area! You make a complaint and they'll say "we'll have someone check into it". Then they say, "we don't guarantee phone calls in a home".  Then what is most of the world paying for? We have to go outside to make a phone call??!!! No, use you in house Wi-Fi so you don't have to rely on our abject cell signal!! But make sure you pay your outrage bill each month so we make our billions this year! Plus the money they make while tracking everyone and selling it for more profit. We are just a number to them! The local Verizon store even complains about the service and they try to sell phones with terrible signal!! That's pretty bad for the store! Does Verizon care, no. Ya you can advertise "the most reliable network" all you want. Oh, you service doesn't go off line, big deal. You cannot advertise the best call quality for everyone who pays their monthly bill, that's for sure. And with the 5G they brag upon, they better start putting antennas up in every mile. Sure T-mobile uses a different frequency but their call service is alot better than Verizon. I couldn't even make a call from my house when a family member had a medical emergency!! But if I was the president of verizon that had a problem like that, someone would lose their job. There is no customer service with verizon any more. All they do is read out of a book with low level techs. And what ever gets passed along, goes into the junk email box and deleted. 

I don't see Verizon signal quality getting better anytime soon for the majority of us. Ultra 5G can't even make a call from inside a building. Soon they'll want to use our wifi like I think it is Amazon or Google to help out cameras or something like that, but Verizon will use it to help everyone just make wifi calls because their towers are terrible. I'll be dead till the Pocono are of PA gets back to cell signals like we use to have!

0 Likes
dullard2
Enthusiast - Level 1

area code 18235, 18229, 18211, 18244, 

0 Likes
quatzit
Enthusiast - Level 1

Meanwhile, down in SC, 29332 along SC 39, which runs along the local high ground areas and has multiple towers visible that are owned by non-verizon carriers has zero coverage on half of the drive to Chappells, SC.  All my neighbors on Lake Greenwood tell me they can't get Verizon in their homes.  Cellmapper shows Verizon is apparently trying to serve this area from Greenwood, with a tower over 10 miles away.  I get a -110 to -120 db signal at my home, and effectively am calling over wi-fi .  At times, no cell is detected.  Says connected to 4g, but only sporadically gets about a 300k data  rate.    It is frustrating when I can look and see at least 3 towers from my front porch, but none are serving Verizon to my home.  One of the three visible towers used to feed 3g to my house and I used a yagi antenna and booster to get 3g.  Now that tower is focused away from me along the far side of the lake.   I've been a VZW customer for over 20 years.  I am evaluating my options going forward.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RightOn, we want you to get great call service with us. We are here to help. What city/state are you located at, as well as the closest cross streets? 

What model phone do you have? Also, please provide us with a speed test result for the data speeds on your phone. We ask for this because all of our current phones use our data network for calls.

-Steven

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to address this issue with your phone and our service. We have sent you a Private Message, please respond to us there going forward.

-Steven

0 Likes
DaniLynn1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am out of patience and so is my boss.  I have done everything possible to resolve the issue. Hours and hours on chat with support. Diagnostics on the phone, new SIM card, resets. I am so sick of it. 

0 Likes
HOLOBE19
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is in St. Louis. 

0 Likes