Re: 2021 Severe Service Degradation
susanj2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amber, I am having the same problems and it has been going on for at least 2 months. WE need help and honest answers, not the typical run-around we all get from Verizon customer service!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very troubling to hear, it's important that we are getting this reviewed with you. Please send us a Private Note.

*Gen

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, we can understand your frustration with this situation, because we are phone users too.  Please send us a Private Message, so we can look into this. 

*Lisa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here and want to help you get the resolution you need. Please send us a Private Message, so we can assist. 

*Lisa

0 Likes
CB6162
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having similar issues, and it got even worse after that outage we experienced a month ago.  It's no longer reliable service or good quality.  VERY frustrating when you are on business calls and the call drops and then you literally have no bars/service and have to restart your phone to get any kind of service back.  I could understand the inconsistencies if I lived in a small rural community, but not when I'm in one of the largest cities in America.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CB6162,

Service you can rely on is always a must. We want to keep you connected with service you can count on. We want to make sure that is solved. How often are you having this trouble? Is it mainly an issue in one location or wherever you go?

-Andrew

0 Likes
Babbbrian
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for around 20 years. They have always had superior service until the last couple years. The lack of signal strength and performance whether using data or phone calls has taking a dive in the last 2 years. At first I thought it was my phone so I got the latest phone iPhone 13.  That didn’t help the problem. 

Does anyone have any good answers?  I’m considering swapping carriers. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Babbbrian, 20 years is a very long time. Your loyalty is truly appreciated. Our goal is to provide you with reliable service and value for your money, so we regret reading about the issues with service over the last 2 years. The iPhone 13 is a very nice device. We would like to gather more information to better assist. Can you elaborate on your experience? Are there issues with dropped calls and slow data? Do these problems happen indoors or outdoors? Does service improve depending on where the phone is used? 

-David

0 Likes
sffreeas
Enthusiast - Level 1

@dhodges45 @vzw_customer_support 

Reading many of the responses from Verizon Customer Support, its apparent that management or the entire CS department is oblivious to what we are all on this forum complaining about or they refuse to admit to something they may know about which they will never do. Many or most CS responses are similar and generic, treating all issues or comments as if they are unrelated one-offs and localized issues. Attempting to troubleshoot at the device level. 

My issues which I described in a previous post are very similar to others on this post. Verizon service was once great and stood out from other providers but that is no longer the case. Service degradation is not specific to a single device or location. This is a more broad issue, in many different locations (mostly California for me) across different devices. It's become increasingly rare to get good speed test results. I even have similar coverage and speed results from an M1000 MiFI device that is on a company business plan. Its a waste of time to treat this as a localized issue and go through the same generic troubleshooting steps with no results. 

I am at the point of seriously considering a different provider and I've been a Verizon customer for 10+ years now.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sffreeas, we strive to provide the best possible signal at all times. I'm so very sorry that you've had issue with our service. We want to do all that we can to help you. Please contact our Business Support Department that is available by phone only at 800-922-0204. Our Business Support Department can truly investigate this further for you.  -Alicia

0 Likes