Re: 2021 Severe Service Degradation
jmh138

Just upgraded from iPhone X to iPhone 13. Almost every call is choppy and sounds robotic. My zip code is 33904. My phone is updated and I have tried turning off Wi-Fi calling, tried turning on 5G all the time instead of auto, and also just tried restarting the phone. The internet is much slower than on my iPhone X as well. It seems that the person on the other end of the call can hear me but I can’t make out what they are saying. This happened to my husbands phone as well on the same plan. He got a new phone, then a new SIM card for the new phone, but still has the same problem. The Verizon rep said we could cancel and go to another carrier. This is a total hassle and I do not understand how no one can fix this. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jmh138, we are here for you to help in order to keep you connected and happy. Please send us a Private Note so we can discuss this together. *Jose

0 Likes
Jajl3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there not a public answer to their question that can be provided? Tons of people have reported the same problems. Why is the service suddenly not what we were used to for 15+ years?

In Cape Coral, FL 33909

Using iPhone 12 pro max on"Get More" unl plan. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Jajl3. Currently, we don't have any reports near the ZIP Code you provided. Let's take a closer look in to the issue you are experiencing. We have sent you a Private Note to assist you further. *Cassie

0 Likes
jcoryparks
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am dealing with this exact same issue. I have filed complaints with the BBB and FCC. Latayo C also contacted me and it was a complete waste of time. I have never been misled and lied to like I have with Verizon. Such a shame, I used to consider them a quality company with good employees. 

SunshineUnity
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, too, have seen the quality of Verizon *WIFI* connections drop significantly in 2021 - maybe summer 2021 more specifically. I came on here to find out why and what Verizon is doing to fix it. I have not changed phones, locations, plans. My son is also having problems in Ohio and my mother in PA. The frequency of weak signals is increasing. I can be on a video call and it has to switch to cellular from wifi, then back and forth several times during the call. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know that you depend on your service, and we want you to be able to. We want to make sure this is resolved for you. What ZIP code are you in? Do you know if any other Verizon users near you have these same issue? Thanks in advance. -Rosie

0 Likes
psreevn

I am having the same issue with my Verizon.  I am in the 48331 zip code.  I barely get one bar where ever I go in the Metro Detroit Area. The calls drop constantly at home, office and at customer locations.

I have been with Verizon for the past 15 + years.  I need to evaluate an alternate provider.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is never the experience we want you to have with us. We also want to keep our relationship for many more years to come, psreevn.

How long have you had these service issues? Are calls, texts, and apps also affected?  Please elaborate to better assist you. -Vanessa

0 Likes
RightOn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too... just in the last two weeks... voices are breaking up and cropping like NEVER BEFORE !  The date is October 2021... Something is WAY OFF !