25$ access discount
arkard

With the new plans Verizon has went to, does anyone know, if you stay on a More Everything plan and upgrade your phone using the device payment method, do you still get the line access discount? Or has that ship sailed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 25$ access discount
mama23dogs
Legend

Yes, so far.....

IF you stay on More Everything, you can (so far) keep the discounts and rates you have. 

if you switch to the Verizon plan to get the new data prices, then the line fees change to the $20 rate.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Yes, so far.....

IF you stay on More Everything, you can (so far) keep the discounts and rates you have. 

if you switch to the Verizon plan to get the new data prices, then the line fees change to the $20 rate.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

As far as I can tell, and Verizon doesn't make it easy to figure these things out, the answer is yes, for 6 GB or more data, you will still get the $25 discount.  That makes th old plans a better deal than the new plans, especially the more lines you have.

mama23dogs
Legend

Which is exactly where I am.   I have 6 phones and 2 tablets.   plus a promotional data plan from last fall.  For me, the New plan is more expensive.

ATT is running a data promotion again.....

Weth
Legend

You're a smart consumer as opposed to the "loyal" consumers we hear from all the time. 

Snn5
Legend

Loyalty....a sign of love and devotion.  Dogs yes, wireless carriers no.

mama23dogs
Legend

Ooooo, I hurt my elbow patting myself on the back!  

I look at it this way:  a new phone is $600-800 on average these days for a flagship phone.  6-12 months later, any unsold, new, flagship phones are old news.  People have moved on to shiny new devices and the prices drop.   This is how my sister got a 6 month old, previously $600 Galaxy Alpha for $200 off eBay.   No tax or shipping.  Also no activation or upgrade fee.

SInce the typical flagship phone on a 2 year contract often has a $200 up front cost, its not a big deal to cough up what most are willing to pay anyway.

I Bought My Note 3 after the Note 4 came out and paid half price. ($450)

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Loyalty is a 2 way street, but not the only road worth traveling (corny metaphor)

Its difficult in any "relationship", when one party changes the parameters.  It's expected that customers will be unhappy with change, even if it may benefit them.  And that not all changes will benefit all consumers.

AS regular contributors on the forum, some are trying to show the comparison between the old and new plans objectively - which is good.  I have nothing to gain or lose by being honest and objective.

The job of any employee is to sell the new products as requested.  A good person will do so honestly.  A well trained and prepared employee will have all the facts and figures.   Even the best employee is still human, still capable of making a mistake.

Not applicable

mama23dogs wrote:

Which is exactly where I am.   I have 6 phones and 2 tablets.   plus a promotional data plan from last fall.  For me, the New plan is more expensive.

ATT is running a data promotion again.....

Yes at&t promo is the same pricing that More Everything has had for months. 15 GB for $100, 20 GB for $140. In general for 10 GB and higher the new plans are pricier. For 6 GB it's pricier for more than 2 lines. Though anyone with a hotspot will save $10 a month. That will offset the increased line fee on 2 lines. Now if you are on a 20 GB plan then 1-3 lines is actually cheaper 4 lines is the same 5 or more is pricier. Anyone on a plan that is higher than 20 GB has ZERO reason to switch. Verizon made a mistake making 30-100 GB the SAME pricing as More everything plans. and the $175 for 25 is a joke. You go form 6 GB to 12 GB which is a 6 GB increase for an extra $20 but to go from 20 GB to 25 GB which is only a 5 GB increase is $55?

Back when Share Everything started it was pricier than the old Nationwide plans for most. Eventually pricing came down. Same thing will happen here in time. Verizon will want everyone on the new plans. Not having customers spread out of 3 plans. Of course killing off unlimited data for good would pretty much get the remaining laggards off Nationwide finally and reduce network load.

arkard

Thanks everyone!

0 Likes