3-4 bars lte no data at certain hours
jorowden
Enthusiast - Level 1

We trace full time in our truck camper. We have Verizon Unlimited plan and pay extra for hotspot option. We are frequently in areas where we have no data in spite of having 3-4 bars lte. We will have data at certain times and then suddenly it cuts out. This is very frustrating and we have found no solution. We have been Verizon customers for over 20 years. Do we need to find a new service?

Re: 3-4 bars lte no data at certain hours
EllieFae
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the exact same problem. It's getting very frustrating to pay for one of the most expensive phone services & not get the one thing you expect: reliability. 

I've tried restarting & updating. It's happened in different areas, on different days. My fiance has the same phone & we share the plan, sometimes it doesn't effect his phone. 

Below is an example from 6/19. Samsung Galaxy S21. (Bought new from Verizon, if it matters.)

Screenshot_20220619-154405_Messenger.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! Dealing with tech issues can be a headache, especially if its affecting your data, we are here to help. Please send us a Private Note to better assist you. ~Gilbert

0 Likes
jorowden
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not sure how to send a private message. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

@jorowden ,

To Private message someone, click their username, and open view profile.  

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.44.52 AM.png

At the profile click on the message button to send a private message.   

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.46.08 AM.png

 if they respond via private message you will see this:

Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 5.10.41 PM.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Data and other connections are the name of the game, jorowden. We appreciate you bringing this concern to our attention. You are quite right that 3-4 bars is considered sufficient signal for all data, even mobile hotspot. Interference with the radio signal is the largest cause of signal issues, and your mention of the truck camper leads me to ask a couple questions. Do you spend the bulk of your non-driving time in places where there are multiple RVs or campers? Have you ever tried using the mobile hotspot outdoors? 

-George

0 Likes