30 days in and already frustrated!
chris_w270

To make a sum all of this up this will be broken into two parts. The first issue however, I'm not too concerned with anymore. The second issue was the tip of the iceberg.

About a month ago I set up service with VZW. I'm off to a great start and I'm entirely happy with the service. Then out of the blue I notice my phone is ridiculously slow. So I open ookla and see that my speeds are at 0.01 MBPS. Yes, you read that right. So I figure no big deal, it must be sue to all of the traffic in town due to the Eclipse (100% totality was 1 hour away from me). Then on Wednesday I notice speeds bottom out again to 0.40 MBPS. I figure I'm done, I go to AT&T but would have been looking at paying more than I am now, and t-mobile didn't have me entirely sold for where I live (moving to Florida September 8th) but the future may open a door for them. So I decide at this point in time I will just deal with it, after all I can't be mad at Verizon because my service was setup at Best buy and they are the ones that failed to mention that. But, we are not done yet. This is when things really get good.

On Thursday 8/24/2017 I decide I wasn't to get 2 gear s3's. One frontier and one classic. I got to best buy, they have no Verizon models, only Bluetooth. Go to my local store an authorized retailer and they can only order them (I'm EXTREMELY impatient and I absolutely hate ordering stuff online or waiting for shipping). Do. I call telesales and the lady tells me if I order an s8, s8+, or pre order the note 8 I can get $100 off each gear s3. So I figure that's awesome. My parents were wanting me to add them a line in 3 months for when there line is paid off anyways. So I explain to her that I don't want to ship and asked if I could go to Best buy since they currently have $300 off the s8+. She assured me that would be no Problem and text me her number to. Call her after the order was done. So after I get the lines I text her, still have not heard a response. So I call the closest core store (1 hour 15 minutes away) and they assure me they can honor the $100 off since I just added the S8's that day. So I call telesales again to go ahead and place the order online with a card to endure there is no headaches when I get there. He tried everything he could but could not get them in the carr to process the order since they were being held.

So I drive all the way up to the store and meet with a gentleman named Prentice. It's time for him to go home in 20 minutes, so the fun begins for me. He adds them and immediately gets flagged for fraud (I'm used to it, identity theft victim in 2011) the whole time Prentice is telling me I won't be able to get them because this has never happened and what ever else (he was ready to leave and wanted me out of his hair) I finally clear fraud and was approved for an additional line) so we are finalizing the process and would you know it rings up 349.99 at this time I hear Prentice tell his coworker that he is not staying any longer. So I tell him just to go, and get another associate to help me. This gentleman comes over and is clueless as to what's going on, backs out and resubmit another credit check. Wouldnt you know that after this one I passed it but was not granted the line. Now it was 7 minutes past closing and I was again being rushed out of the store. Absolutely no regard at all for the amount of time it took me to drive up there, or the fact that I had cash in my pocket wanting to purchase a gear s3 watch and 2 Samsung charging pads. The funny part though, I call Verizon when I get back, and was able to get all of the apps they had submitted cleared in a matter of ten minutes. But apparently all of these employees customer service abilities are gone after the store closes, including the managers. But to advance it is now almost 2 days later and I still have no gear s3 frontier and my fiance has now entirely changed her mind about wanting one. I just dont know why it is so hard to get the Promo price for the s3 frontier if I have 4 s8+'s and an s8 on my account in a 30 day time frame. Luckily there have been few employees who have went above and beyond to prove to me that few employees do actually care about the customer. I doubt this post will be read, or even be responded too. But I just wanted to let everyone know to not take your business to the core store in Evansville, Indiana on green river. The most unprofessional people I have met in my entire life. And I say that light seeing as I am a truck driver.

P.s if this was posted in the wrong spot please feel free to let me know where to post it next time. This is my first and hopefully last post.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 30 days in and already frustrated!
yeseniav_vzw
Verizon Employee

chris.w270,

This is not the experience we want you to have. We apologize for the way you were treated in the store. We want you to be able to get the new phones and Gear S3s you would like for you and your family. Please respond to the Private Message I have sent you so that we can assist you further. Thank you in advance.

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes