Re: 3G to 1X...WHY?!?!?!??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jenndeer,

We appreciate the additional information, but let's get your coverage back in business. Is your phone's software up to date? Have you recently done the Preferred Roaming List (PRL) *228 send then select option 2.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jenndeer

I have switched phones as of last week. I had had enough. Thanks anyway

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
RScott69442
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm north of Atlanta by 20 miles and have dropped from consistent 4g to 3g & 1x a majority of the time.  I have the Galaxy S4.  Please give me a reason not to switch carriers. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RScott69442,

I would be more than happy to assist you today with the service in your area. I'm sadden by the fact that you are thinking of going to a different carrier. Let's get to work to find out why the service keeps dropping all over the place. Can you please provide me the zip code that you live in that is having the issues? Have you always had this kind of trouble in the area? Have you tried to power the device off and remove the sim card for about 5-10 seconds? Here is a quick link that will give you the step by step directions on how to get that removed: http://vz.to/L3zR07 Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
RScott69442
Enthusiast - Level 2

The zip code is 30144.  I've never had issues before but now it is constant.  If I get 4g when I'm out side for more than 2 minutes I'm lucky.  I've done the powering off and removing the sim card for 10 seconds and still having the issue.  My problem is paying for a service that I'm not getting hence the consideration of moving. 

0 Likes
12345steph

I am having similar issues since yesterday afternoon.  My zip codes are 95113 and 94583 (commuting).  I've been consistently at 1x. 

0 Likes
12345steph

I have an iphone 5s as my device

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

12345steph,

Let's get your service back to the way it should be when you need it. The area looks great coverage wise, although in some areas you will see fluctuation. Please follow these steps http://vz.to/1ijKSaC and keep us posted.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

12345steph

Thank you for the response.  I performed these steps and it still remains at 1x

0 Likes
witzman5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having good the same issues 4G to 3g to X1..maybe Verizon should just stop with telling people to turn off their device and investigate this issue instead of just looking at reports. .You have all these people telling you what's going on and all you can say is "I see no issues reported I. That area turn off you phone" get real it's not our phones but your cell phone exchange towers

0 Likes