3rd party retailer posing as a Verizon corporate store
LynnRose1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Victra represented to me that they are authorized to offer and sell the same exact deals on cellphones as Verizon authorized dealers.  They said they are Victra Verizon.  They are not offering the same deals as Verizon and this is fraud.  Also, from the outside, they look like any verizon wireless corporate store.  This is another deceptive practice to get you into the store.  They should not be pretending they are authorized to sell the same products as Verizon Wireless if they can't.  I think I will go to the FTC to report them. 

0 Likes
Re: 3rd party retailer posing as a Verizon corporate store
LynnRose1
Enthusiast - Level 2

After driving to a Verizon corporate location I have used in the past only to find it was no longer there, I went into what looked like a Verizon Wireless store located at 1513 Sloat Boulevard.  My sales clerk was Jason G.  Jason told my daughter and me that this was a Verizon authorized store and that they were authorized to offer the same cellphones and deals as Verizon Wireless.  I inquired about the trade-in of my daughter's device and he told me they were not offering a trade-in for the phone she was interested in, which was a Pixel 6.  The phone she was prepared to trade in was a Samsung Note Plus.  We purchased the phone because my daughter wanted the phone and we were running around only to find Verizon corporate offices we used in the past closed.  When we got home and got on the Verizon Wireless website we discovered he was not truthful about offering the same deals as they were authorized to do by Verizon.  When I put in the trade-in field that my daughter would be trading a Samsung Note Plus the price for the phone she wanted went to zero.   Jason has us paying $720 for a $699 phone (I think he charged us for the 256gb memory phone but gave us the 128GB phone.  I feel very much deceived and I don't think they should have the same signage as Verizon if they are not Verizon.  It has only been one day so I am going to return the phone but I think Verizon Wireless needs to not authorize such businesses to defraud existing customers.  I am very disappointed; it looks like I will be out of $50 but this will get returned first thing tomorrow.  30 days needn't go by before I know I don't want to do business with someone who lied to me.  Verizon Wireless should reimburse me for this because they permitted Victra to use their name to misrepresent Verizon Wireless offers.  Verizon Wireless authorized sales in their name with their signage on the door.  Victra becomes the face of Verizon Wireless to the public because they use the same signage at the door.  When you are authorized salespeople I think you have to charge the same as that which authorizes you.  If you represent you are authorized to sell on behalf of someone it is expected you will be charging the same prices as that someone you are selling on behalf of.  I feel betrayed by Verizon Wireless because they essentially licensed Invictra to deceive in their name.  

0 Likes
Re: 3rd party retailer posing as a Verizon corporate store;DO NOT USE VICTRA STORES
LynnRose1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went into a store with the Verizon Wireless signage in its window. This is after going to a trusted (corporate) Verizon Wireless store that closed down. My daughter and I shopped briefly for a phone. During this time Jason informed us that this was Victra Verizon and that the sign was the same as Verizon because they were authorized to offer and sell the same phones and deals on behalf of Verizon. We inquired what the trade-in offer was for my daughter's phone because we knew there was some offer Verizon was offering to people like her. Jason G told us there were no offers for the phone she selected, the Pixel 6 128GB. When we got home we discovered on the Verizon Wireless website that if we did trade in my daughter's phone her monthly payments would be zero. If she picked the phone with 256GB the payments would be $4.16 per month. I specifically asked Jason about this trade-in feature but Jason told us it wasn't on offer, charged us full price and charged us to set up a phone he did not fully set up. I was asked to sign the contract on an electronic screen that did not represent the words on the paper I received. There was no mention of the "set up" charge when he didn't even set it up. He only opened the box plugged in the phone and said it was moving too slowly and returned it to the box. Jason also charged me the wrong price for the 128 GB Pixel 6 that is listed on the Verizon Wireless website for $699. He charged us $720. Jason opend the box and attempted to set up the phone. He was not able to successfully set up the phone yet he charged us $19.99 to do so. He was getting impatient because there was a customer waiting after us. My daughter set up the phone when we got home. Since I am within the 30 days of returning the phone I am going to be returning it. I think Victra should refund all of my money because they defrauded me by saying they were authorized to offer the same deals as Verizon Wireless on behalf of Verizon Wireless when they are not offering the same deals at all. They are not authorized at all by Verizon. Verizon has nothing at all to do with them, it seems. He was not truthful about this. The signage is intentionally deceptive to make people believe they are as good as dealing with Verizon Wireless (someone we trust) because they are authorized by Verizon Wireless. Their "Verizon" signs should be taken down and a new sign that reads "Invictra" just like "Best Buy", "Target" or any other store selling independently of Verizon Wireless. I want all of my money back.