4 Trade-Ins not proceseed - 7 Phone Calls - 15 hours - No solution
davidgilmore

I signed up for a new 5 line Verizon plan in December 2021 (at a Kiosk inside of Costco). As part of a new unlimited service plan, I was promised up to $800 trade-in credit for each of 4 trade-ins towards the purchase of 4 iPhone 13s. I preordered all 4 of the iPhone 13s from Verizon in early December 2021, and activated the new Verizon account late December 2021 when the phones arrived. I received a shipping label to send the trade-ins, which were delivered and signed for by Verizon on January 14, 2022. 

Initially, a BOGO promotion was applied to my account instead of the $800 trade-in credits for each line that were promised. I called Verizon customer support 3x to get the credit switched. I was told that there was a mix up because all 4 phones were shipped in the same box (which I was instructed to do by Verizon staff). I was promised that the proper credits would be reflected in my account within 5-7 business days after getting the info sorted out.  A week went by and by then my account was missing the BOGO credit and wasn't showing any other credits. I called Verizon again (Now 8+ hours into calls with customer support) and they told me that I needed the IMEI numbers of the old phones in order to get the credits applied. I had to call my previous service provider and get the IMEI numbers (YAY, more time on the phone). I called Verizon for the 5th time and gave them the IMEI numbers of the trade-in phones. They said that a ticket was submitted and to check my account in 5 business days for the credit. Guess what? No credit... I called AGAIN and went through the whole spiel, at which point I was told that the department that needed to process the request was closed. We scheduled a time on the following Monday for the Verizon representative to give me a call back and get the credit processing department on the line to finally get this sorted out. I set my alarm early Monday morning to make sure I was awake and kept my phone by me the entire morning. No call was ever made to me. So here I am currently, with my current bill 2x as much as should be for the first 3 months of service and still no solution. At this point I just want my old phones back and to cancel service with Verizon. I don't have any more time to spend on the phone with customer support and surely don't have the money to pay these outrageous bills.  Someone please contact me with SOLUTIONS ONLY.

0 Likes
Re: 4 Trade-Ins not proceseed - 7 Phone Calls - 15 hours - No solution
davidgilmore

Still no response. This is truly unbelievably poor customer service for the most expensive phone service in the US. Thanks @GD0405 

0 Likes