411 calls that you did not Make
lm50000

I recently went through over 4 Verizon customer support Representative on getting 411 calls taken of my bill.  Verizon told me twice rgey would do it and thety never dis, Then I worked with Duane (removed) at (removed).  Duane came back and said they were valid calls.  I had to go and talk to another representative and they said that the number I called was 616-555-1212.  i never dial 616-555-1212.  But what happens is when you dial 616-555-1212 that number connects you to 411.  Then I asked Duane if the 411 calls gave out a number then you should see a text to my number at the exact time, which I never received.  It would also be interesting what numbers were requested ans what are those numbers.  Verizon could not tell me what numbers were requested and if a text was sent to my phone during the 411 call that is part of the standard process.

My question is, how many people are getting hit with this glitch and being charged for 411 calls that they are not making.  I really believe there should be an audit of all 411 calls by all Verizon users to see if there 411 calls were activated by 555-1212 numbers and if a text was ever sent out to there phones to completed the process.  It's only a $1.99, but multiply $1.99 times 14 times all the Verizon customers 115.78 million - which equals =   3.2 Billion Dollars  that is a lot of 411 calls that are not being validated if every customer gets hit with the same issue.  I am not saying every line has this issue but you get the idea a lot of money is being collected by a glitch in the system.

Dan (removed)

Personal info removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: 411 calls that you did not Make
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lm50000,

I am so sorry about the unexpected charges on your bill coming up as 411 calls. Is the number you provided an actual number that you call? How long have you been being charged for this? What happens when you dial the number provided?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
purewhiteasian

I'm having a similar issue too.  For me it's:

6/137/12Directory Assistance Calls

$54.78

• National 22 @ 2.49

I looked back to my previous bills and it looks like I've been charged this a couple of other times in the past 3 months, totaling just bit under $75.  I've contacted my parents and they didn't even know what 411 or 611 does.  I've looked into the cell phone call history, and no one has called those numbers or any number that has those combination of numbers.

Not sure what the next step is.  I'm pretty sure this is going to keep on happening for the next couple of months, so I'll be constantly getting charged for this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is never fun to receive a higher bill than expected, purewhiteasian! I regret to learn of the billing issues. We have different tools that allow us to investigate issues such as this. In order for me to better assist, I would need additional information.

I just sent you a follow request, please follow me back and then send a private message.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lm50000

Sure, call me at (removed)

Dan

Personal info removed as required by the

Edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Posting personal information (such as your phone number) on this public site is against the forum's Terms of Service.  The VzW rep wants you to send them a Direct Message, i.e.,

How To: Direct Message  and  LenaA_VZW

0 Likes
lm50000

call me if you want to talk

0 Likes
theoakley4

We're having this problem as well. This is the second time we've been charged for the 411 call. This has been happening to Verizon customers since the beginning of the year. I strongly urge Verizon to step in and stop this glitch or scam, it's very frustrating to be accused of things we in all honesty did not do. Also, I'm seriously wondering if this is a Verizon scam, too many people affected by this to be coincidental.

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

I have been a Verizon customer for about 10 years. I have never been charged for a 411 call we did not make. I have had surprises on my bill, but it turned out to be my wife and/or stepson who called 411. Nothing is perfect, but I doubt seriously Verizon is purposely adding 411 calls to their customer's bills. They wouldn't stay in business long that way. Either someone made the calls, or an honest error was made. Probably by a computer. They are far from perfect.

0 Likes
DarkIncredulous

Could it be using the recall when you get a voice mail?  I did that once last month and got a $1.99 charge that said 411 but I never used 411.

0 Likes