4G LTE in Hawaii is super slow on my Samsung Galaxy S4.
ladymocha9

I recently switched over to Verizon and have had my phone for less than a month, with no issues until now. The phone has no damage. For the past few days, the data connection on the 4G LTE has been UNBELIEVABLY slow in the 96819 and 96815 area of the island. I don't know what the cause of this issue is. I'm nowhere near close to going over on my data plan. The main places I'm noticing issues is loading pictures in Facebook and Instagram. Is it the network here or is my phone having issues? What are some ways to resolve this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE in Hawaii is super slow on my Samsung Galaxy S4.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Welcome to the family, ladymocha9. It's great to have you. Let's ensure we're able to provide you a positive experience with your Galaxy S4. Have you ran a speedtest to review data speeds? In addition, could you provide the RSSI value that you receive. This can be found by heading into Settings > About Phone > Status > Signal Strenth.

I would start off by removing the SIM card for about 30 seconds. Once the SIM has been removed please insert and test. These applications are certainly data hogs. Have you attempted to force close and re-open the app? Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ArmyDr

YosefT_VZW,

Thank you for replying to the above.  I have the same issue in the same zip code.  I just move here from Missouri.  I have brought my phone to a local dealer who also suggested removing the sim card.  My signal strength is -110dBm 30asu ... which I have no idea what that means.  Even when there are full bars it's slower than 3G!  I am such a technological person that internet this slow is scaring me.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, ArmyDr!  Thanks for reaching out to us about your concerns over data connection. I regret that they're not what you're accustomed to, but we'll do all we can to get them going faster. Which model device do you us? Also, I noticed that zip code 96819 is the home of Ft. Shafter. Are you a base resident or employee? If so, do you notice any change in services while off-base or even outside of that zip code?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes