4G LTE internet speeds extremely slow.
TYLRIC61

Located in Mount Laurel, NJ 08054. Upload is 5.03 Mbps.Download is 0.11Mbps. I understand this may be a high usage area, but these speeds make using 4G pointless. What is going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE internet speeds extremely slow.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are all set with your phone and have the speeds that you enjoy. With regard to the device what kind of phone do you have? When did you first start having issues with your phone? 

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You didn't state what plan you are on. Sounds like deprioritization which means you are either on Go unlimited or on Beyond Unlimited and over 22 GB. Sorry but lots of people using cell service will result in this. bandwidth is not unlimited it's not magic and run on sunshine and rainbows.

0 Likes
TYLRIC61

I have a Samsung s8+ and I started noticing an issue in December 2017. It is only while I am near my office building during the day.

0 Likes
TYLRIC61

I am on the go unlimited plan and have never used more than 8gb in a month. Unless deprioritization happens as a collective across all lines, we may have just hit 22gb by the end of the billing cycle. But thanks for your input.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Go Unlimited Plan allows for deprioritization at any time when there is congestion on any of your lines.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

TYLRIC61 wrote:

I have a Samsung s8+ and I started noticing an issue in December 2017. It is only while I am near my office building during the day.

Well that makes sense since there would liekly to be many many people in that area all trying to use their cell phones. As Ann said on Go Unlimited there isn't a 22 GB threshold like Beyond it's from the first byte. So you can use under 1 GB and be deprioritized. Also on Beyond is 22 GB PER LINE not collectively.

0 Likes
TPM3

Just started having problems about 3 weeks ago. Extremely slow in loading some apps. Facebook including. Software is updated on everything. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want this to be your experience, TPM3. You should definitely have a network connection you can rely on. What is your zip code, and nearest major cross street?

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
vRe: 4G LTE internet speeds extremely slow.
SCOTT7410
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems like Verizon needs to upgrade their network! Bandwidth demand and not able to keep up. Personally if I keep being throttled, I will pay off my phones and unlock them. Then I will switch to straight talk.