4G LTE on Droid Razr Maxx intermittently very slow
joefkelley

Recently (about the last few days/weeks) I have been experiencing extremely slow and inconsistent connections while on 4G LTE with my Razr Maxx. However, it's only intermittent; it will be slow to the point of being unusable for a few hours, and then like someone flipped a switch, get right back to a more usual speed (~2 mbps). I'd say it's about half and half slow vs fast. It's not an issue with signal strength (full bars, in Mountain View, CA) and restarting the phone has no effect. Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any possible explanation?

To be honest, it seems to match what I would expect from Verizon's "Network Optimization" except for the fact that I'm on LTE. I'm definitely in the top 5% of users (probably more like top 0.5%) and the behavior of switching between a fast and slow connection lines up with the idea of only limiting usage during congestion. Has Verizon recently enabled this "feature" for LTE users? It's quite frustrating!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE on Droid Razr Maxx intermittently very slow
joefkelley

Update: currently I'm getting a mix: my download speed is between 2 and 3 mbps, but upload speed is under 50 kbps. What is going on?!

0 Likes
mgerbasio1

I'm in NYC Metro area and have the same issue with speed. Generally in the 1-5mbps range download. I notice my phone has white rather than blue signal indicators more often. I also have been having more dropped calls which I had been attributing to the other mobile phones I call but its been happening on landlines too.

0 Likes
JonK13

I'm experiencing the same thing. Droid RAZR MAXX and I'm in the Cleveland area and while I've only noticed it the last two days, it could have been going on for longer.

10.05 Mbps download

0.39 Mbps upload

What's going on Verizon?

0 Likes
ductedfan

Last several days my MIFI 4510L has been reduced to Download 1.8 Mbps, and Upload 0.65 Mbps.  Krazy slow.......

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I'v see this from time to time as well Joe on my 2 Razr Maxx's it could just mean there doing Maintenance on the system,or there doing something on the Landline part of the system One thing to Note some time back i done some researching and discovered that even though our Signals are received from the Towers and the System the Digital Part of it is actually Transferred through and controlled from Landline's companies Like at&t so if there system is down it's going to effect our Digital Service i was surprised when learned of this..

The system kind of runs like the Railroads you may have a Section of Track owned by BNSF but there are times that U.P. may run there trains on it for certain freight or for certain occurrences..  

0 Likes
carvava
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am on the phone with them right now. I am having this issue in Norfolk, VA.The first rep has already told me that there is an issue with Razr and intermittent data problems.

I have already hard reset the phone.

I have replaced the SIM card also.

I have changed the modes to CDMA/LTE

I have switched airplane mode on and off to force a reconnect.

This issue is the same issue I had with my DROID Bionic. They gave me the Razr to fix that phone. I think I am done with Motorola.

Update

They logged into my phone and are doing tests. Look at that, the damn thing is running just fine and running fast.Loaded pages fast and moved through the web fast. My download speed test came in at 4.94

0 Likes