4G Unlimited Data seems to be worsening
phoenix_slayer2

I hate to complain, but I have had Verizon for more than a decade, and since upgrading to Unlimited Data my internet service speed continues to decline. Since switching, the West side of my city, Knoxville, Tennessee, has had horrible 4G service; often I am either unable to connect to any websites, or the speed is likened to less than 3G. Fortunately, I live just outside of that region, but even where I am at the service can sometimes be very unstable. Now I am noticing it more throughout the region in the different areas I travel for work.

I would have assumed Verizon would use the additional revenue generated through all the new users to increase total bandwidth to accommodate everyone for 4G speeds. If it means I need to pay an additional premium not to suffer through slow speed in certain areas, then I would gladly comply. I really dislike the fact that my phone will show a strong 4G signal, and then receive a weak 3G one instead. If there is a problem with some of the towers in the Knoxville area, then please look into it. Thank You!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G Unlimited Data seems to be worsening
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having reliable service is our top priority, Phoenix_slayer2. We appreciate you reaching out and would like to learn more about the issue you are experiencing. What zip code are you located in? Do you happen to notice the slower speeds at any particular time of the day or is it consistent across the board?

ChrisM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TWOBIGPIPES

I also have this unlimited data plan, you need to change the name to the VERY LIMITED data plan..it is so slow gmail wont even load...we have been customers for fifteen years...Verizon wont let me go back to 19 gigs until Aug 20...this is unfair !!!  I was told by several  Verizon reps that I would not see much speed reduction at 3G....This A BIG LIE... I am in a small town and the tower is visible from my house  !!!

0 Likes
stevenjw0728

Same issue here. I had the 16GB plan up till this month and they sold me on unlimited when i bought my new iphone 8. Now my phone is an anchor unless wifi. Images wont load on instagram, games constantly disconnecting, checking for new email takes minutes! This is awful. I was told that "throttling" does not take place till the device reaches 22.5 gigs or something like that, well at this rate Ill be lucky to hit 5 gigs by month end. I know they are throttling right now as we speak because they don't want people to reach that.

I have been a verizon wireless customer for 16 years and while they are literally the highest price service out there and offer very little "cool features" like t-mobile or AT&T their network is solid...until now, I am very very upset and honestly for the first time in 16 years I will consider moving to another provider when my contracts are paid in full.

Very disappointed in the decisions that Verizon as a company has made regarding their unlimited plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello stevenjw0728,

I'm sorry to learn of any issues with your data speeds, and I can clarify all of your concerns about the unlimited plan. We have the Go Unlimited, the Beyond Unlimited, and the original New Verizon Unlimited plan. We like to provide our customers with options, which is the reason that there are differences in the plans. You can check out the plans here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/verizon-plan/?task=verizon-plan

You can also check out the most Frequently Asked Questions about the plans here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/new-verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/

I hope this information is helpful for you.

ChristinaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SWagner2806

I have been having the exact same issue that I started noticing in the last month or so. The only difference being that I am not on the unlimited plan. I live in a rural area, but had always had reliable service until lately.  My wireless data used to be faster than my home satellite speed (not hard to beat). Now when it reads LTE, it barely functions and 3G is unusable. It will bounce back and forth between 1x, 3G, and LTE over the course of a couple minutes without me making any changes or moving around. Even iMessages get delayed in being sent. Because of this, my primary home internet source is almost useless.

Home zip code is 49348. I can't speak much for variance in time of day as I only use it from about 6-11pm after work.

Side note: I work in Grand Rapids, MI which is a large, well serviced city. At least it should be. Speeds seem to have become slightly lower in that area as well.

0 Likes
SWagner2806
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place for help SWagner2806. Reliable service is definitely important, so I completely understand your concern. We want to make sure you have the great service you've always had with VZW.

I checked the area, and coverage looks good. There are no reported alerts in that zip code area. You mentioned you have been noticing slower data speeds. What speeds are you running http://bit.ly/1fRxRk9? Is the issue only while indoors? Are calls and text (other than iMessages) working okay? 

JohnB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stevenjw0728

"in times of congestion, your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic"

I guess that means the network is always congested, even at 2am when my data is still slow as a snail.

0 Likes
CousinEddy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. I found this to be hilarious.

97F7C260-8268-4A5B-9410-39F434FF9BF2.jpeg

0 Likes