4G to 1X Call
sweeps10

Why does my phone go from4G to 1x when I make a call?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G to 1X Call
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

On which phone model?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sweeps10 - We strive to provide you the best service everywhere you go. I will be happy to assist you and provide you the answers you seek. What specific issues are you having with your calls? 4G is the signal you use for data and 1x is the signal that is used when you make calls, unless you use HD calling. When you use HD calling you will not see your signal go from 4G to 1X. Check out HD voice here. http://vz.to/2bpWjDs

JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Unless you have a newer phone that supports Advanced Calling and HD Voice and you have Advanced Calling feature turned on, all voice calls on Verizon's CDMA network will go through 1x. This is normal and expected.

If you have a newer phone that supports Advanced Calling and you turn the feature on in your phone (could also be called VoLTE, LTE Voice and Data), then when you call it will stay on LTE as the voice call is now routing over the LTE network. If you want surf and talk, you must have this feature on for most phones. Otherwise when you drop down to 1x, you will lose data services during the call.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also if you leave the reach of a LTE signal any call in progress will drop.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

JoshuaWantsHelp

To clarify,

Are you claiming that I'm paying $50 a month for a phone that can't make a call with better than 1 bar of service? Is this real?

0 Likes