4g in Nashville
Kwright817
Enthusiast - Level 2

This seems pretty ridiculous.  The "largest most reliable network" can't serve a medium sized, "IT" city by fixing an issue that has been documented since 2013: Slow 4G LTE in Nashville !

Yes, I know that is not easy.  Buildings, trees, density are all barriers.  But really?  I have just about had enough!  It gets better for a while and then back to [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] , again.  It is now unusable even with a strong signal.  Even switching 3G is iffy...

VZW, been a decade long customer, but likely not for long !

screenshot 2016-06-04 15-34-09.jpg

P.S. Yes, I have done all the steps, new SIM, reboots, different areas of downtown, yada, yada, yada!

Sincerely,

A Very Frustrated Verizon Customer

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4g in Nashville
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, Kwright817. We certainly don't want to lose you as a customer, and we greatly appreciate your loyalty. What is the zip code that you have the most trouble? Does this happen primarily indoors, or everywhere?

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: 4g in Nashville
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wireless being magical as per the usual. "IT cities" tend to be the worst because most companies like to go 100% wireless and then wonder why it runs like trash. Go to Silicon Valley - all the carriers blow. Go to Atlanta, Atlanta proper blows but the suburbs kick butt.

Based on what I see from the FCC, Verizon uses 10Mhz LTE at Band 13, is capable of using 20Mhz LTE or two 10Mhz carriers of Band 4, and right now would be using 5Mhz of LTE at Band 2, unless they have decommissioned EVDO 3G on Band 2 then that would be 10Mhz of LTE there. Decent amount of spectrum, but how is the backhaul? If it's AT&T providing the backhaul, there's remote chances, and I'm being serious here, that AT&T done goofed on how they shape traffic on the circuits Verizon orders. You'll know if that's true if speeds are trash even early into the morning hours.

0 Likes