504 gateway timeout errors

In the past week, my husband and I have both been getting a lot of these when linking to websites or websites within FB. My email has also been slow to load (if it loads at all).

Initially, I thought it was the new OS (that I had the misfortune of downloading) that i hate and blame everything on but my husband has the old operating system and is getting the same errors.

But my iPad connection is fine.

We both have iphone4 (3G) and live in San Diego. I saw someone with the same problem from San Diego post in the blackberry group so at this point, I don't know if it's a verizon thing, a San Diego thing, a lack of 4g thing, or an old iPhone problem, but it's really annoying.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 504 gateway timeout errors
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, 8277.
We would be glad to see what is going on with the error message you are getting. First, we would like to know if this is still happening.
If so, ensure WiFi is disabled. I am unsure as to which device you are using, but I see you tagged iPhone so I would also like you to clear temporary internet files
http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/64615/&lid=sayt&sayt=iphone%2....
Please let me know how that works.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MarkGia

I have been also getting the same gateway timeout error from Feb 23 until now. I'm using an iPhone4 (3G) with an unlimited data plan. Please let me know when I'll be able to use my device.

thanks !

0 Likes

Thanks for sending this. Clearing the history worked for about 24 hours but now I'm getting the error again

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
cageymage

Same issues here -- iPhone 4s (refurbished from Verizon - which is another story .... ) on 3G, starting over the weekend, Gateway Timeouts on ~75% of webpage requests, most app services also timing out. I cant even check my bank account / credit card balances! Clearing history no effect. Please address ASAP.

EDIT:

I had to use my home network (COX) to post this, as I get 504s requesting community.verizonwireless.com. All apps and requessts wokring fine on home wireless network.

>: (

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi cageymage,

I'm sorry to hear about the error you're getting on your phone when trying to view webpages and apps. Since claering the history did not have an effect for you, I do recommend restoring your phone using these directions: http://vz.to/LvPxZY

Please keep us posted with the results!

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes