5G MiFi M1000
richievo

I just purchased the 5G Mifi M1000 for home use.  I do not live in a 5G region... I am in North West NJ.  

Here is the pricing plan I was told to use....

Unlimited with 5G Ultra Wideband:

5G Ultra Wideband is available in select locations.  In other areas, your device works on Verizon's nationwide 4 G LTE network.  $30/line per month - Unlimited 5G Ultra Wideband Hotspot Data - 50 GB but only 15GB of Premium Unlimited 4G LTE Data... Why only 15GB - I should get 50BG of the lesser because I do not have access to the 5G.

The DATA BOOST also gives 50GB more of 5G ultra wideband data but only 5GB of 4G LTE.  

Why doesn't Verizon have an equal plan for the 4G LTE when the user is not in the 5GB area?

0 Likes
Re: 5G MiFi M1000
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're happy to clarify how the plans work with 5G service, richievo. We certainly don't want there to be any confusion about how our service works. 5G speeds allow customers to consume data at rates previously unimagined due to the incredible speeds offered. Therefore, the thresholds for 5G service are different than with 4G. Also, please keep in mind that we are still in the very early phases of rolling out 5G devices and service throughout the country. Until we launch in your area, the offerings for 4G service would apply. Does this clear up the details? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
richievo

I understand about the limited availability of 5GB but I want a plan that gives the same allocation for 4GB LTE for the 5GB plan... 

also - the device has its own number so does it get 75BG of data because it has its own number of 30GB as if it is a hotspot on a phone?

0 Likes
richievo

I just purchased the 5G Mifi M1000 for home use.  I do not live in a 5G region... I am in North West NJ. 

Here is the pricing plan I was told to use....

Unlimited with 5G Ultra Wideband:

5G Ultra Wideband is available in select locations.  In other areas, your device works on Verizon's nationwide 4 G LTE network.  $30/line per month - Unlimited 5G Ultra Wideband Hotspot Data - 50 GB but only 15GB of Premium Unlimited 4G LTE Data... Why only 15GB - I should get 50BG of the lesser because I do not have access to the 5G.

As for the DATA BOOST, it also gives 50GB more of 5G ultra wideband data but only ONLY 5GB of 4G LTE. 

Why doesn't Verizon have an equal plan for the 4G LTE when the user is not in the 5GB area?

Is there a JETPACK Plan for the 5G Mifi M1000?

I tried to get answers on the phone and in chat but cannot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

richievo, making sure you know all the details for your plan is crucial. Allow us to ask a few questions so we can help. Do you have cell phone lines on your account with the Jetpack line? If so, what exact plan do you have for your cell phone lines? Can you please tell us what is the exact name of the plan you have for your Jetpack currently?  AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
richievo

I have a family plan with four telephone numbers on them:

(1) Three Cell Phones all with their own number - shared unlimited data (22.0 GB)

(2) The 5G Mifi M1000 with its own number - shared unlimited data (22.0 GB)

The plan details are:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/the-new-verizon-plan-faqs/

4G LTE only. After 22GB, in times of congestion, your data may be temporarily prioritized behind other traffic. Mobile Hotspot/tethering reduced to speeds up to 600Kbps after 15GB/mo. Domestic data roaming at 2G speeds; int'l data reduced to 2G speeds after 512 MB/day.

The account phone number for the 5G Mifi M1000 is not for a phone. It is only data and it is always a hotspot so why does the speed get reduced after 15GB/mo.?

I'd prefer it (the M1000 ONLY) to be on the plan Get More Unlimited... https://www.verizon.com/plans/unlimited/?cmp=KNC-C-HQ-PRO-R-BP-NONE-MixAndMatch-2K0PX0-PX-GAW-717000...

However, this plan indicates that Unlimited 4G LTE (75 GB premium data) but Unlimited Mobile Hotspot (30 GB at 4G LTE).  

So the question is - since the M1000 only is for connecting devices in our home and not for connecting our phones, should the device have access to 75 GB of premium data?

AND if I purchase the DATA BOOST for an additional 50GB for the M1000 account number - then shouldn't I be able to use 50GB of the 4G LTE?  Again, I am not in an area for the 5G M1000 so I only have 4G LTE and it is not a phone and only a hotspot.   https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/data-boost-faqs/

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@richievo ,

Thank you for those helpful details. The plan you had described that you currently have would be our legacy Unlimited plan. Each line has access to 15 GB of high speed mobile hotspot, just like it shows in the links you had shared. Regarding the Get More Unlimited plan that you want for your jetpack, those plans are only available for phones. Other devices, such as jetpacks, would have access to a Connected Device plan (either 1 GB or Unlimited): https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/connected-device-plan-faqs/ . This functions almost identically to the plan that you already have with your jetpack. You can also see in the Get More and Do More plans that they offer a 50% discount on connected devices if you were to update your plan: https://www.verizon.com/plans/unlimited/ . Regarding your question on the Data Boost option, the 50 GB of usage applies to a 5G connection, meaning you would need to have the 5G network access on your account (already included in all current unlimited plans except Start Unlimited) and be connected to a 5G network during that time, as you would only receive 5 GB with 4G elsewhere. You had also asked about why your mobile hotspot speeds are reduced after a certain amount of usage. For that, please check out this link under the "How does Verizon manage congestion," as this ensures that all customers in an area have equal opportunities to use the same network, even if they don't use as much data as others: https://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/network-management . Please let us know if that helps with your questions.

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
richievo

So I really don’t understand what plan I should have from the M1000?

we want the premium speed but in three hours went thru 6GB of data ... how will it operate at reduced speeds?  

we would like 75GB a month for the M1000 - what plan do I need for that?  

0 Likes
richievo

So I really don’t understand what plan I should have from the M1000?

we want the premium speed but in three hours went thru 6GB of data ... how will it operate at reduced speeds?  

we would like 75GB a month for the M1000 - what plan do I need for that?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Richievo, while I understand that you wish to have a plan for your 5G device, in a non 5G covered area, that provides what the 5G plans do, there honestly is not an option for this in the 4G coverage area. As 5G and 4G use different signal spectrums, the 4G network is shared by millions of customers on lower bands and as such does not allow for the higher allowances that are offered with the 5G services that have larger bands for greater use and capacity by all customers. Though I know that this is not what you had hoped to hear, you will not see that additional usage allowance until 5G is available in your location. With the HotSpot plans, just as with a phone plan, when the line uses the designated limit for the HotSpot, speeds would be reduced. The line would not qualify for the regular phone high speed data as all of the data is used as a Mobile HotSpot. Does this help to clarify?  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! LorenB_VZW

0 Likes