$700 Trade in Credit Still Not Applied
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently traded in a Pixel 6 Pro on March 12, and was to receive a $700 credit. I understood it would take 1-2 billing cycles, but I am now on my second bill since the trade in and the credit is still not being applied. I had a chat with a rep today who first advised me I wasn't eligible because I didn't have an active device payment, but when I told him I've never had a device payment and Verizon allowed me to trade in the device, he looked into it further. He came back and told me not to worry that they can see the trade in information. I said that does me no good if it's not being applied. He then asked me to reach out to someone else and ended the conversation. I'm getting tired of having to re-explain the situation and end up getting nowhere. I just want to know when I am going to receive my credit I agreed to when I traded in my device.

I currently have another trade in credit being applied to my account and that was hassle free, I don't understand how this time around it's such a pain.

I've see a plethora of complaints about very similar issues and one involving having to go to the BBB to receive the full credit they were told they would get for trade in. I don't want to have to go that far, but I will if I have to.

Re: $700 Trade in Credit Still Not Applied
Anonymous
Not applicable

And now, as of this morning, I can't even see the status of my Submission ID. It apparently no longer exists? Can you please elaborate @vzw_customer_support?

As I told the rep this weekend, I would NOT have traded in this device if I knew it would have essentially been stolen from me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your concerns are our concerns, grileyharris. It is vital that we provide accurate and verifiable information. Since we will need to get into some account details, I have sent you a private note.

-George

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can understand your concern regarding your traded in device. As consumers ourselves, we would want to receive what was promised when we submitted for the promotion.  We are happy to  look into this, can you please send us a Private Message, so we can delve into this? 

*Lisa

0 Likes
wutang55
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the exact same issue with an iPhone I traded in last June. I have had separate 3 support chats where I was assured the credits would begin to show up. It's nearly a full year since my trade-in and I've still essentially given away a phone for nothing.

Escalating to the BBB or FCC does appear to be an option, though it's absurd that folks even have to consider going that far for simple trade-in promotions that Verizon themselves are advertising.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that you receive the correct Trade-In Credits.  A private message is being sent to assist you further.

-Sean

0 Likes
Buyer Beware - Phone Finance $700 Trade in Credit Still Not Applied
HRDWERK

I have not received my $700 trade in credit as described on the call when I upgraded. After several frustrating customer service calls and chats, I realized they have applied a "Credit" each month to my bill. When you do the math, the full price of the phone, ($999.oo usd), minus the $700 credit over 36 months works out. But, if you pay your new phone off early, you loose your remaining credit. (see underlined RED in their agreement below) Verizon is legally stealing your phone if you payoff your new phone early! IT IS YET ANOTHER BAIT & SWITCH.

After reviewing ALL the trade-in terms DO NOT state if you pay off you device early, you will loose you any remaining $700 credit.  If you look below, (underlined in red), you will see you have (2) plans and (2) credit options for realizing/receiving the credit for each listed below. If you do go this route, ONLY request the Verizon debit card and be specific with the Verizon Representative. Very Shady, but unfortunately, typical for Verizon.

"How and when do I get my trade-in credit(s)?

Trade-in credit(s) based on market value will be issued within two (2) weeks after Verizon receives your device(s) and validates make/model, eligibility and condition, in the form of a Verizon electronic gift card, unless you are a Verizon customer logged in to your wireless account when the trade-in order is created, in which case you may request that the trade-in credit(s) be applied as a one (1) time bill credit on your Verizon account. Verizon electronic gift card is issued in the name of the person identified in the trade-in order submission and emailed to the address provided. See Verizon for current terms and conditions applicable to Verizon gift cards.

Trade-in credit(s) based on promo value will be applied, within two (2) weeks after Verizon receives your device(s) and validates make/model, eligibility and condition, in accordance with the applicable promotion, (i.e., a recurring bill credit on your Verizon account for the number of months specified in the applicable promotion, a one (1) time bill credit on your Verizon account or a Verizon electronic gift card). Trade-in credit(s) based on promo value are subject to reversal if I don't comply with the Special Rules.

For assistance, call the Verizon wireless Device Trade-in Program customer support at (800) 416–8894 or click the Chat with us button at the bottom right corner of this page to contact one of our representatives."

0 Likes