800-922-6983 "Verizon Wireless" Call
PencilThinGentleman
Enthusiast - Level 1

A call from "Verizon Wireless" using the number 800-922-6983 called about "free money" and I hung up before it could finish. If I recall I call Verizon and they never call me, I only get in touch with Verizon if I call for service issues, and this is a scam jah?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 800-922-6983 "Verizon Wireless" Call
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

This is a scam. VZW is not going to ever call you and offer you a credit on your bill. Ever. Any website that is not www.verizonwireless.com or www.vzw.com is not a VZW website. Don't ever go to any of these websites. When you put in your UN and PW it will be stolen and your account will be hacked.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
desertdwelleraz

I just received a call from this number as well. The voice mail text read

I'm here in the next billing statement. To redeem your thirty eight dollars. Please visit www.myverizonthirtyeight.com. That is what is it W dot my Verizon three eight eight eight eight. .com and log in account to redeem your thirty eighth our(?) right. We care about you. Thank you. Have a nice day-any(?).

Yet when you click the link it's not a valid url.

0 Likes
PencilThinGentleman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sounds like a phish phishing around to me. I wouldn't recommend jumping into it then, sounds like what I feared it was. After all, what's the likelihood of Verizon offering a free thirty some odd dollars back to customers through a website that isn't Verizon Wireless?

0 Likes
slunsfordrn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got the same call on all 3 of our phones.

0 Likes
DZB

I got this call too.  My Caller ID said it came from Trans Global Enterprise.  I have no idea who they are..  I

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

This is a scam. VZW is not going to ever call you and offer you a credit on your bill. Ever. Any website that is not www.verizonwireless.com or www.vzw.com is not a VZW website. Don't ever go to any of these websites. When you put in your UN and PW it will be stolen and your account will be hacked.

0 Likes